“delicious burgers, fries”

Ultimate Burger
Ranked #15 of 287 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Ultimate Burger is a Locally Owned "Quick-service" Burger restaurant catering to a broad spectrum of diners, including Vegetarian, Gluten-sensitive, and even Vegan guests. Ultimate Burger is known for being "with the times," serving mostly Organic whenever possible and/or local products from the Big Island of Hawaii as well as playing a very trendy selection of music in the dining area. Ultimate burger features an open kitchen allowing guests to see the "magic" happen in the back of house. Priding themselves on teamwork, the UB crew is very quick and efficient, delivering freshly made Burgers cooked to order that are sure to delight, Don't forget to try the daily, freshly cut "Big Daddy Fries" served with a famous garlic aioli that's packed with flavor. From old fashioned to innovative Ultimate burger seems to have it all!
San Francisco, California
“delicious burgers, fries”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great little place to have a delicious burger! Lots of choices, excellent quality beef, tasty fries. Definitely like the taste of the local beef.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
SOUTH MISSION BEACH QLD
“Best Burgers in Kona ...very tasty burger!!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

From the service to the burger, no complaints whatsoever . Except that I had to use a fork to eat the rest of the mushrooms that fell off my burger. The burgers are better at ultimate!!!! This is the place where the juices flow escapes the burger and run down your fingers.... Finger licking good......a definite return is on the itinerary..

Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Nothing that a Good Thorough Steam Cleaning couldn't Fix!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stopped by for a quick dinner and wanted to try the local beef versus the normal fast food fare. The place was dirty and sticky, we almost walked out. We were tired and succumbed to the need for food. Pleasantly the burger was good. Nice and juicy. Order "pink" - it comes cooked all the way through but is nice and juicy. The fries are great. Only one size drink, which is fine unless you are doing take away.

It is a tad expensive.

Guys, clean up the joint!

• Visited May 2013
Waikoloa, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ultimate Bummer!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I tried this place a while ago and was not impressed. I figured maybe they were having an "off" day so I recently decided to give them a second chance.

Everything on their over priced menu is a la carte. I ordered a burger with cheese, bacon, and caramelized onions. I can't remember what my boyfriend ordered but we also ordered a large side of fries.

We received our fries after about 20 minutes and did not get our burgers for an additional 15 minutes. After finally getting our burgers, I realize they had forgotten my bacon so I told the cashier/server and he gladly took it back to have the bacon added.

It took another 20 minutes for me to get my burger again and when it arrived it was completely burnt at the bottom. Not wanting to send it back again, I did my best to scrape off as much of the crispy burnt black crap as I could.

The cook obviously was not taking the time to properly clean his grill because my boyfriend's burger also tasted completely burnt even though there were no obvious char marks on it.

I honestly admire their efforts in trying to showcase and use local products from the island but the execution is just not there.

Honestly you're better off buying frozen meat from Costco and making your own burgers at home or going to McDonald just across the street.

Big thumbs down from this foodie!

• Visited March 2013
mak21g, Owner at Ultimate Burger, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
I am terribly sorry about your experience at Ultimate Burger, I would like to refund your money ASAP. What day and time was your last visit to us so I can have a discussion with our staff?

Again, I am very sorry.

Mahalo,

Makani
Waikoloa, Hawaii
“Great burger”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A little pricey, but the flavor was great. Would definitely recommend to someone not on a budget. Fresh and locally grown, maybe that's why a little high of the dollar

Visited February 2013