“Awesome awesome awesome”

Green Flash Coffee
Ranked #2 of 19 Coffee & Tea in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Healthy
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stopped here every morning for drinks and sandwiches on our way to the beach. Lovely girls working there always give you a smile, food is hot and made to order, and the mochas are amazing. I don't know how I'm going to go back to a regular Starbucks mocha now that I'm home!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I loved the fact that they have options for non-dairy lattes, since I am allergic to cow's milk. A nice selection of coffee drinks, juices, and breakfast sandwiches. It's a little crowded, but there is a small covered area with tables and also a table in front in the sun. It is located within the Sea Village condo complex (between the two entrance driveways).

I also love the photos of the green flash on the wall -- a real atmospheric phenomenon that can be seen at sea with very clear conditions -- you are lucky!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Not at all what it is cracked up to be. Scones and cinnamon rolls were both a huge disappointment. Not worth the walk. Go into town and get a good pastry.

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I arrived early, around 7 am and had a latte and bagel with smoked salmon.
The latte was the best I've had on the island. Whoever was the barista knew how to make a great cuppa and preserve the rich smoothness of the crema.
The smoked salmon melted in my mouth and was quite flavourful. Perhaps a littke heavy in the cream cheese but I enjoyed it.
I sat outside in the parking, so the ambience was limited but I highly suggest this cafe. Wirth tge drive diwn Ali'i Drive.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

GF is a bit hard to find; pull into the condo complex, and go to the left in front of the condo mailboxes, and you will see the little house it's located in. Keep in mind that when they say "full breakfast" there are no plates, so order something easily eaten with your hands. My husband and I got coffee (very good!), and he got a breakfast sandwich that was really good. I made the mistake of getting the "french toast", which is really just some grilled HI sweet bread. I had to ask for butter and a fork, to try to eat it somewhat normally. That being said, if you don't mind eating it with your hands, or dipping it in the syrup, it's ok. Eat french toast elsewhere, stick to breakfast sandwiches here.
Very nice staff of 2 young ladies who are working very hard! Your food might take a bit of time to cook,but slip into the little vine-covered seating area, to the left of the main door, to enjoy the shade and the flowers, at small tables inside.
Well worth a visit for a bite on the run, or a very good cup of coffee.

1  Thank joboxer555