“two day deep sea adveture!!”

High Noon Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: HighNoon is one of Kona's top rated sport fishing boats and the perfect boat to fish the calm waters off Kona, Hawaii. Fish for Blue Marlin, Ahi, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo and other big game fish with Captain Dee Bradford/Captain Trevor Child. HighNoon has been in business 23 years and we have been consistently rated at one of the best sport fishing boats in Kona. Both experienced and novice anglers welcome. Families and children welcome.
“two day deep sea adveture!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

we had a blast. Captain Dee took us out on day one for ono and blue marlin. It didnt take long to put an ono on board. Dont let Dee fool ya, he can tell you exactly where and when you will catch ono! We didnt have a chance for a big blue, but we learned a lot about marlin fishing from Dee. On day two we went with captain Trevor for yellow fin tuna and posibly shark. My wife put a big short billed spearfish in the boat while trolling to our tuna spot. When we got there it was packed with yellow fin. they were everywhere! We caught so many that we lost count! This was the fishing trip of a lifetime. Thank you Dee, Trevor and Andrew for the great time.

Visited May 2013
highnoon4, Owner at High Noon Sport Fishing, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Great couple from Wyoming!. The last time they fished Kona, Candy landed a 561 lb. Blue Marlin..the fish of a lifetime. This time, they caught many more fish and a wide variety of fish too. This trip they caught Wahoo, Spearfish and yellowfin tuna...along with fghting a big shark. We look forward to their next visit and thank you for the thumbs up review.

Godfrey, Illinois
“Good experiences on the High Noon with Captain Dee”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Planning a return trip to the Big Island this July, and that means another charter with Captain Dee on the High Noon. Have fished with Dee twice in the last four years and our experiences have been great. While I'm still looking for that elusive marlin, we've caught wahoo, mahi mahi, and spearfish. If Captain Dee tells you that wahoo is the best-tasting fish in the ocean, he's not kidding! The best part about his charters is that he and Trevor work extremely hard to put fish on the boat. He's always very open and does a fantastic job at explaining the how, what, why, and where regarding the fishing.

Visited June 2012
Dallas, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Three great days of fishing”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We spent three days fishing with Trevor and Andrew. Trevor and Andrew did an awesome job of finding the fish. At times the fishing was slow but we never felt that Trevor and Andrew were not doing everything in their power to find the fish. We spent three days with these two guys, focused on fishing for Blue Marlin. We had our chances at Blues but the Blues had different ideas, but that does not mean we went home empty handed. After three days of fishing we ended up with 2 Ahi, 1 Big Eye, 3 Ono,and 17 Mahi Mahi. Trevor and Andrew are great.

If I was to name one negative I would say that the boat could use some work, the owner of the boat needs to spend some money on it. I would never say we felt unsafe but it lacked some of the comforts of newer boats.

Eric

1 Thank Eric S
highnoon4, Owner at High Noon Sport Fishing, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for the positive post. Great group of guys and we all enjoyed fishing with you. Had a few chances at Blue Marlin and caught Ahi tuna, Wahoo and Mahi Mahi. Great going guys. Boat is going into annual drydock soon...and upgrading the interior boat comforts. Thanks again!
“Wonderful Day”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Our day spent fishing with Trevor and Andrews aboard High Noon fishing boat was absolutely wonderful. From start to finish we couldn't have asked for a better day even if the fish had not been biting. But we did hook a nice size wahu (?) which just topped off a perfect trip. From start to finish, this was one of the best charters we have used!

Visited May 2013
highnoon4, Owner at High Noon Sport Fishing, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. The fish you landed was a big game fish called a Wahoo. Thanks again for the nice photos of the fish, I posted them on our web page and facebook page. Looking forward to see you all again..

Capt. Dee and Trevor
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dishonesty?, you decide.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I called "High Noon" prior to my trip to Kona, Hawaii. I had called a few places to book a fishing trip for 6. I had spoke to the Captain( name is irrelevant to me) I had a wierd feeling about the guy due to the fact he had a problem answering any direct question. I then hung up on him and booked with another boat (Thrill Seeker). Later as I was vacationing in Kona, I received a text advising to "please call in on your fishing reservation for tomorrow". Assuming I was speaking with the original booking, i responded to confirm with who I assumed was staff. Later found out that he was attempting to sneak my business from my original plans.
I have always gave credit for "charachter" to any person. I did not observe any "character" from the gentleman (Captain) at High Noon. I do not know about most but, I would avoid this fishing service like the plague, if you want to be assured of a "worry free" trip. This guy even advised that I had given him my credit card info, which I never did. Go figure?

Visited April 2013
4 Thank erniethedude
This gentleman (Earnie) email me on April 21 to reserve a fishing charter on April 30. I replied to his email and he then called me within five minutes of that email. After talking a bit, Earnie reserved April 30 for a 3/4 day charter and I responded with an email confirmation. When he arrived in Kona, I gave him a call (as I do all my clients) and gave him directions to the boat, time to meet, etc.

At 4 am that mornng..I got a call from Earnie asking if he could keep all the fish. I replied, that yes, we were happy to filet up any fish for him. He said he would see me at 7 am. I had the boat ice, Captain and crew waiting for Earnie and he no showed. I called him a few times thinking he had lost his way. I also texted him asking where he was as we were waiting for him. He finally replied after an hour and lo...Earnie was out fishing on another boat. When I expressed why, he responded that he was on the boat he had reserved. Talking to the other Captain later, Earnie had reserved him on April 21 also.

One note, in talkng with the other Captain, he said be glad they are not on your boat. They had showed up intoxicated (the other Captains exact words were, "drunk") and said it looked like they had been up all night. (hence the phone call at 4 am). The other Captain told me that they were quite confused about whose boat they were supposed to go on. My hunch is that they booked two charters. Unfortunately these kind of things happen.