“Dishonesty?, you decide.”

High Noon Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: HighNoon is one of Kona's top rated sport fishing boats and the perfect boat to fish the calm waters off Kona, Hawaii. Fish for Blue Marlin, Ahi, Mahi Mahi, Wahoo and other big game fish with Captain Dee Bradford/Captain Trevor Child. HighNoon has been in business 23 years and we have been consistently rated at one of the best sport fishing boats in Kona. Both experienced and novice anglers welcome. Families and children welcome.
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I called "High Noon" prior to my trip to Kona, Hawaii. I had called a few places to book a fishing trip for 6. I had spoke to the Captain( name is irrelevant to me) I had a wierd feeling about the guy due to the fact he had a problem answering any direct question. I then hung up on him and booked with another boat (Thrill Seeker). Later as I was vacationing in Kona, I received a text advising to "please call in on your fishing reservation for tomorrow". Assuming I was speaking with the original booking, i responded to confirm with who I assumed was staff. Later found out that he was attempting to sneak my business from my original plans.
I have always gave credit for "charachter" to any person. I did not observe any "character" from the gentleman (Captain) at High Noon. I do not know about most but, I would avoid this fishing service like the plague, if you want to be assured of a "worry free" trip. This guy even advised that I had given him my credit card info, which I never did. Go figure?

4  Thank erniethedude
highnoon4, Owner at High Noon Sport Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

This gentleman (Earnie) email me on April 21 to reserve a fishing charter on April 30. I replied to his email and he then called me within five minutes of that email. After talking a bit, Earnie reserved April 30 for a 3/4 day charter and I responded with an email confirmation. When he arrived in Kona, I gave him a call (as I do all my clients) and gave him directions to the boat, time to meet, etc.

At 4 am that mornng..I got a call from Earnie asking if he could keep all the fish. I replied, that yes, we were happy to filet up any fish for him. He said he would see me at 7 am. I had the boat ice, Captain and crew waiting for Earnie and he no showed. I called him a few times thinking he had lost his way. I also texted him asking where he was as we were waiting for him. He finally replied after an hour and lo...Earnie was out fishing on another boat. When I expressed why, he responded that he was on the boat he had reserved. Talking to the other Captain later, Earnie had reserved him on April 21 also.

One note, in talkng with the other Captain, he said be glad they are not on your boat. They had showed up intoxicated (the other Captains exact words were, "drunk") and said it looked like they had been up all night. (hence the phone call at 4 am). The other Captain told me that they were quite confused about whose boat they were supposed to go on. My hunch is that they booked two charters. Unfortunately these kind of things happen.

There are newer reviews for High Noon Sport Fishing

Reviewed April 25, 2013

On April 25 2013 we embarked on the most amazing honeymoon adventure ever! In the lead up to the day Capt. Dee and owner of the High Noon fishing charter was very informative via email and confirmed even though we hadn't arrived in Kona yet, that we could privately book a full day charter! On arrival at the marina we were welcomed by two young "blokes" Capt. Trev and his deckhand Andrew. It wasn't long and we cracked our first beer at 6:45am and started trolling for the big fish! The few hours were uneventful on the fishing front however it was great to sit up on the observatory deck with Capt Trev and Andrew to talk all things Hawaii and Australia! We had a lot of funny moments and language breakdowns but all made for a great morning! Prior to lunch and whilst things were slow we decided to chase some Tuna and to the boys credit they took us directly to the Tuna, via a pod of porpoise's! The porpoises lined our boat and treated us to amazing aerobatic displays! It wasn't long before a fish was on and I reeled in nice sized Yellow Fin Tuna! After that it was on and we continued to pull in "bait-sized" tuna one after another! Watching them feed from the surface was truly spectacular! It was after this that Andrew rigged up a nice live bait to entice the big fish into the day! Unfortunately there was little luck with the live bait and in mid afternoon the switch back to lures was made! It wasn't long and we heard the reel scream! We all turned to the back of the boat to see a big spearfish chasing the lure on top of the water! The fish knocked the lure once and then came back in for the kill! Andrew did an awesome job under the guidance of Capt. Trev to hook the spearfish! From then it was ON!! Luke made it into the chair and began reeling the beautiful billfish in towards the boat! Once next to the boat the boys allowed us to take pictures and then got the fish on board! It was an awesome moment to see Luke holding up this 38 pound 73 inch spearfish - it was actually bigger then him! We decided that this moment could not go forgotten and agreed to have the fish mounted!! Trev and Andrew were awesome with the information on the taxidermist and took care of all the paperwork! The day could have only got better of we had hooked up one more time to allow me to catch a big one, but unfortunately it wasn't my time! We recommend Capt. Trev and the High Noon to anyone who loves to fish and is prepared to wait to the perfect catch! The "blokes" we're super welcoming and really easy to talk to! That's important when your trolling for 4-6hrs without a bite!! We will definitely be back boys, thanks for the second best day of our lives, the first being our wedding day! Mahalo :)
Alana Randal

Thanks! To a wonderful honeymoon couple from Australia...very much enjoyed having them on HighNoon. They caught some nice fish and I thank them for the positive feedback.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I chartered the High Noon on 4-17-13. The crew, Andrew and Trevor, were very nice, very fishing savy and very fun. We caught a nice sized yellow fin tuna and Ono (about 20 pounds each) and a few smaller tuna as well. The boat and the fishing equipment were both top notch. We even saw a pod of pilot whales. It was a great day, I would recommend High Noon to anyone who wants to fish Kona and have a great time.

Cris Bartholomew

2  Thank Cris B
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I took my dad, uncle's and brother in-law on our first Marlin trip while in Kona. We've fished all of our life so we figured catching something in just a 4 hr trip would be very low. But to our surprise my Dad landed a 250lb Marlin and my brother in-law landed a 25lb Ono (which we put on the BBQ that night) all in just a 4hr trip. Dee did an awesome job of explaining why and how he fishes, what we could expect, and with some luck put us on the fish. I think my dad has watched the video of himself fighting that Marlin about 10 times now and this will forever be an awesome memory.

THANKS!

Gary Daniels

1  Thank Gary D
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Terrible boat! The bathroom was filthy! Very dated and the exhaust fumes gave me a headache! The crew never changed lures and no attempts were made to catch fish. We drove around for 8 hours and caught nothing! We did see whales which was awesome however we didn't hire them to go whale watching! Hired a different boat two days later and caught lots of fish!

3  Thank Karen Lawlor S