“Good and fun Sushi experience, Local Style.”

Genki Sushi Hawaii Incorporated
Ranked #201 of 293 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Sushi here is inexpensive but still very good for a conveyer belt sushi chain. You can order from the menu if you don't see what you want on the belt. Its a fun place to go with Kids.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Best kept secret in Kona. FRESH sushi. Tasty. I like nigiri and really, really fresh. I order raw calamari, smoked eel, tobiko. Wasn't that great last year. Much improved.
The only problem is the fried food . The has room for improvement. Simple solution: change your frying grease more often. The fried food dark brown & well, my husband won't eat it so there. That's why I gave only 4 out of 5. The nigiri is 5.
Otherwise great friendly employees. Clean.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Neat concept. Conveyor belt is cool, but it is a click above grocery store sushi.
Was nice that you could order off menu and get what you wanted made to order.
So you weren't limited to eating off the belt. Spent $25 very quickly and both my boyfriend and I were still hungry. Restaurant was clean. Staff friendly.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

All of the staff said “Ira-shai-mase” when our party came in. I though we might order in Japanese. But staff came and said “Something to drink”? I changed my mind then. Menu is perfect. There are Nigiri, Roll, … and so on. But staff was not. We had not be able to eat some dishes of sushi. I ordered SPAM-TAMAGO ,but they brought SPAM. They don’t seem to know everything of menu. Taste was not too bad. I think they put dishes on the conveyor more like in Japan. And I think it might be enjoyable to take sushi from conveyor rotating at just Genki-sushi.

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I have tried to give this genki sushi a few tries because I LOVE the ones on oahu but a few times too many... The service was extremely terrible the last THREE times of coming here! Too bad cause they had good spicy bombs. Not worth it... I left EVERY TIME FEELING ANGRY AND IRRATAITED!