“Excellent Curry”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Henry Street
Description: Krua Thai Cuisine is the newest favorite within the Kona community. Popular prices and exciting variety make Krua a must experience on your visit to the Big Island. Over 60 menu selections daily means you can return over and over to find your favorite of all the delectables. Truly Authentic Thai food from the Heart in the heart of Kailua-Kona
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Our regular Thai restaurant was closed for 2 weeks, so we sought out another. Since Krua had good reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to give it a try. It is next to a Starbucks and across from the downtown car wash station. We both ordered the same luncheon special: Red Curry with Chicken for $8.95. Their lunch specials are available from 11:00 - 4:00. The curry dish included jasmine rice and a tossed green salad with a peanut sauce on the side. We loved the curry and will try this restaurant again. Note that they do not have a liquor license but you can bring your own bottle. Our waitress was very friendly and even gave each of us a starfruit (carambola) as we left, which I thought was very sweet of her.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to try Krua for dinner with friends. We packed up a bottle of our favorite wine and headed into town. We tried 3 different dishes (vegetable red curry, tofu with curry/peanut sauce and Thai fried rice) plus the Thai Salad. All the dishes were excellent and the portions were generous. With great food, friendly service and BYOB, you cannot miss with Krua Thai. We will definitely return.

2  Thank fla2tex
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I were in Kailua and decided to have dinner in town. We had passed Krua several times but had never ventured inside - big mistake. After our dinner there Krua has become our go-to place in Kailua. We love Thai food and found the food here excellent - all the flavors were well balanced. More importantly, our waitress was courteous, helpful and quick. We felt that we were well served, which, quite frankly, makes a big difference in a dinning experience. Prices were reasonable, which just means we will have more coin to come back to Krua with.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a craving for curry, so decided to try this little place. It's a little tricky to find, but it's right next to a Starbucks. I like ordering spring rolls when I try new restaurants. My husband thought we should have ordered 2 orders. I had yellow chicken curry with brown rice. My husband got the Red with medium heat. Both were seasoned nicely, I added a little more heat to mine. Every was very good. Something to note, they do not sell alcohol, but you can BYOB. Take out available.They also have a kids menu, too. Just keep in mind, it is a small "Mom and Pop" place family run . I would definitely eat here again. A good value for Kona area.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pad thai was good, however I ordered it spicy and they left out all spice even though we reviewed the order. Taste was very good, just would have liked it the way I ordered it.