“Yum. Nice little Thai restaurant.”
Review of Krua Thai Cuisine

Krua Thai Cuisine
Ranked #53 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Henry Street
Description: Krua Thai Cuisine is the newest favorite within the Kona community. Popular prices and exciting variety make Krua a must experience on your visit to the Big Island. Over 60 menu selections daily means you can return over and over to find your favorite of all the delectables. Truly Authentic Thai food from the Heart in the heart of Kailua-Kona
Salem, Oregon
“Yum. Nice little Thai restaurant.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a craving for curry, so decided to try this little place. It's a little tricky to find, but it's right next to a Starbucks. I like ordering spring rolls when I try new restaurants. My husband thought we should have ordered 2 orders. I had yellow chicken curry with brown rice. My husband got the Red with medium heat. Both were seasoned nicely, I added a little more heat to mine. Every was very good. Something to note, they do not sell alcohol, but you can BYOB. Take out available.They also have a kids menu, too. Just keep in mind, it is a small "Mom and Pop" place family run . I would definitely eat here again. A good value for Kona area.

Long Island, New York
“Good pad thai”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pad thai was good, however I ordered it spicy and they left out all spice even though we reviewed the order. Taste was very good, just would have liked it the way I ordered it.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband & I wanted to try something different for our dinner & decided to try Krua.Thai Cuisine. We do not eat Thai food very often. We ordered the Pad Thai with tofu & the yellow Curry with chicken. Both dishes were delicious & seasoned jut right. You have the option to season it at the table as well. We finished off our dinner by sharing the fried ice cream which we really enjoyed. The price of our meal without tip was only $24.00. Note, we did get the dessert free thanks to a friendly competitor's iPhone app. We will definitely go back when here again in October.

“Underwhelmed!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Very excited to hit up a Thai restaurant while in Hawaii and saw this place had such high ratings on TripAdvisor. After our meal my husband and I are scratching our heads as to why. The Tom Yum soup was "okay" and the Pad Thai had a strange taste which we both described as a butane flavor. I eat Thai all over the world and was not impressed based on the rave reviews on TA. Definitly underwhelmed and would not recemmend. Also no liquor license was a disappointment.

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Nice place but too sweet”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We love Thai food but only go to places that guarantee no gluten. This place is excellent for that and the decor is very nice. We ordered red curry. It was a decent portion and had good flavor but was too sweet. After a few bites the sweetness became too predominant and over powered the other flavors.

• Visited June 2013