“Good Thai with excellent service”
Review of Krua Thai Cuisine

Krua Thai Cuisine
Ranked #55 of 299 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Henry Street
Description: Krua Thai Cuisine is the newest favorite within the Kona community. Popular prices and exciting variety make Krua a must experience on your visit to the Big Island. Over 60 menu selections daily means you can return over and over to find your favorite of all the delectables. Truly Authentic Thai food from the Heart in the heart of Kailua-Kona
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We enjoy the very attractive and tasteful décor and inviting atmosphere at Krua Thai. Their food is both delicious and authentic with very good appetizers, We were particularly impressed with the courteous and attentive service. Conveniently located, it's a great place to dine in or call for delivery.

1  Thank ExploreTheBigIsland

Reviewed December 5, 2012

One of the most ordinary meals I've had in a while. Volcanic duck was ok but just ok. Pad Thai was ordinary. Tom Kha soup was less than ordinary. Only good thing about the place is that it is byob.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Krua Thai is a pleasant room off a busy street. There's lots of parking in their lot. Their curries are flavorful and authentic, and the ingredients are fresh. Service is personal and friendly. A sweet-hot sauce on one of their specials was suspiciously like a commercially-available bottled sauce, but otherwise, it's an easy place to recommend.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was a solid Thai meal. We stopped here for lunch shortly after arriving in Kailua-Kona before later heading to our resort to check in.

We ordered the salad rolls as an appetizer. We were a little underwhelmed by them. They had all of the right ingredients and were much larger than we have often found them to be, but the carrots and cucumbers inside were SO crunchy that it felt a little like I was a rabbit eating a giant carrot, not a herb-filled roll. I've attached a picture in case you want to see if these are your thing.

The Pad Thai was great -- their "mild" was a little spicier than I would have considered mild, but still within my heat tolerance, so I gobbled it down. My partner ordered the Volcanic Duck and cleaned his plate. It was delicious and filled with all of the rich Thai spices I love (I stole quite a few bites, I must admit.)

Service was very friendly and the dining area was nice. Would likely return in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This restaurant has amazing food. It is a great way to eat delicious yet healthy food with a unique taste. The curries and noodles are unlike any other you might've tasted, and the fresh food quickly arrives at the table. The environment isn't exactly formal, but that doesn't really matter when paired with the food. A visit here is truly unforgettable.