“A Delight”

$204.68*
Kona Submarine Adventure and Island Breeze Luau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Get below the surface to Hawaii's hidden paradise! Experience the magic of Kona with the Atlantis Adventure submarine tour and create lifetime memories as you explore our majestic waters of Kailua-Kona.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Irvine, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Delight”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

There was nothing to dislike. The explanation of the trip on the website is extremely accurate. Our party of 6 people ranged from 4 years old to 67. Each of us had a special experience. The staff makes a big point to seat young people and large parties in the front of the submarine. It was very exciting for them.

If you go to Kona more than once per year, the Atlantis offers a $39 annual pass so that people can enjoy the submarine and the changing sights whenever they come.

Creston, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Unique experience the kids won't soon forget”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Can't believe I can now say I have been on a submarine! My daughter SO badly wanted to do this so we called in the morning and were booked for that afternoon. It is a little on the pricey side but when else will you get to experience a submarine dive? The crew made us feel we were in good hands, the safety talk was a nice touch to calm my nerves, and the views were amazing. Everyone has a window view and the dive down is very smooth so no issues with seasickness arise. They do have sea sickness bags just in case, though. Lots of fish, a shipwreck, and a few other surprises made the trip worthwhile. It was a little on the short side (less than 45 minutes? underwater I think, but we saw so much more than we would by simply snorkeling that we felt it was well worth the money paid. It was a once in a lifetime activity and our kids, who are in their early teens, were absolutely thrilled. If you have some extra time and money and want to do something different, try this. You will enjoy it. Oh, no washrooms on board so skip that extra cup of coffee!

Aurora, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“An enjoyable underwater experience for the whole family”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are not a scuba diver, the Atlantis submarine is the best way to experience the underwater world in comfort. The crew were friendly and professional, and the fellow doing the commentary was knowledgable and entertaining. My son enjoyed the voyage immensely, taking dozens of photos through the porthole. Don't expect the bright colours you may see in a documentary film about a coral reef, because without bright lights and special filters, you will only get a fish-eye view through the blue filter of the water at depths of 100 feet. Suffering from mild claustrophobia, I was a bit worried about confined space in a sub, but the Atlantis VII was very comfortable, with excellent air flow kept at a pleasant temperature. A unique and enjoyable experience that I recommend as a must-do.

Fontana, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must do”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had a good time, I told my wife not to get excited because it was not a real sub but a boat with port holes. I could not have been more wrong. We submerged to 110 feet. Youet to see fish and a couple of small ship wrecks. I highly recommend this to anyone.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Clarence T
Osceola
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An Underwater experience to remember”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was in the Navy in my teens with the hopes of getting to submarine school, but in wasn't in the best interests of the Navy. So I decided to fulfill my dream in Hawaii. We signed on with Atlantis Submarines for a firsthand look at Marine life in their habitat. We were shuttled out to the submarine by a fun crew who instructed us on how to board the Sub safely, as well as other very important words of wisdom to keep us safe and dry. Upon reaching the Sub, we were assisted aboard and instructed on the method of loading us into the craft. Each of us shared a porthole or two, depending on which side of us the attraction was appearing (Port or Starboard). We were given more tips regarding the sea life we would be watching and how to photograph them. We dove to a maximum depth of 106 feet and observed shipwrecks, sea creatures and were given the names by crew members. Whenever approached something special a crew member would advise us that we would see it on one side, then the Captain would turn around for the other side to see. Now I know I could have been a submariner had Uncle Sam given me the chance. Warning, when you photograph under water your pictures may not turn out due to lack of light. The Sub does have exterior lights but the marine life tend to move away or into the Sub and out of the lights. Try to photograph them when you can see the brilliant colors.

Visited February 2013