“Delicious ONO!”

Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The concierge at our hotel recommended the Pine Tree Cafe. She said the food is really good, the menu selection is huge, and the prices are very good. She was right about everything. All the locals eat there, too, so you know the food's good.

It's very, very casual. You order and pick up your food at the counter. We ordered the battered Ono and the fish was fresh and almost like chunks of halibut. It was SOOOOOO good! The macaroni salad that came with it had tuna in it which was a nice change from ordinary mac salad.

Service was friendly and fast. My husband and I split the fish and chips - we were both stuffed when we left. The portions are large.

Loved the fresh Ono!

There are newer reviews for Pine Tree Cafe

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Pine Tree Cafe is a good spot for plenty of food at reasonable prices. I love the fact it is close to the airport and has great hours. If I am looking for a good dinner and then enough leftovers for lunch, this is the place to go. In fact, I may drop off there tomorrow morning and pick up breakfast to take on the plane heading back to the mainland.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is located in a newer looking mall. The food is what I would describe as homestyle diner with local Hawaiian food. First sign it would be a good place were all the construction trucks parked outside. Obviously well liked by the locals. Unfortunately out of Huli Huli chicken both times I went. Great breakfast and lunch, decent prices and they have a huge, huge menu. My order got mixed up somehow on my 2nd visit and some folks that came in after me got their food faster but staff was very accomodating and polite. Great location near the airport now that the airlines charge for everything on the flight wait and eat here or plan ahead and get something before you get on the plane.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I literally eat here everyday. By far the best breakfast that I've had, as that's what I always eat on my way to work. Sometime I go by there twice a day for lunch, they have great burgers, bigger is always better as we say back in the south. Not saying you need to make a special trip for pine tree, but definitely if you're in the vicinity definitely stop by.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The Pine Tree Cafe is located in a small mini mall off the main highway on the north side of Kailua-Kona... We sampled their delicious local foods several times during our B.I. visit, and were really pleased each time... They have an extensive menu that's augmented by special dishes as well -- be sure to try their fish offerings (especially the wahoo, or ono) and the huli huli chicken too :) Service was very efficient and really pleasant (in spite of the fact that this cafe was always super busy, nearly all day long; the gals at the counter were really patient with us tourists). One of our favorite eateries on the Big Island -- enjoy !!