“Ono fish and chips - yum!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pine Tree Cafe

Pine Tree Cafe
Ranked #32 of 283 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Hawaiian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Ono fish and chips - yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I originally ordered the beer-battered fish and chips, but they were out of that batter, so the clerk recommended the ono and chips. So glad I got that meal! Plenty of fish and tons of fries, and really good tartar sauce. My husband ordered the double bacon cheeseburger - waaaaaaay bigger than any normal person should try and eat (but my husband tried!). But he said it was pretty good. My 18-month-old ate the grilled cheese (normal, run-of-the-mill sandwich), and my sister ate the veggie burger. Of all the food we ordered, I think the veggie burger was the only disappointing meal - it clearly wasn't made in-house (probably just frozen). Everything else was fresh and yummy! ....Restaurant had a cafeteria feel (order food, your name gets called, you eat at a plastic table with metal chairs). ...Busy on a Saturday at lunch, but that's always a good sign for a small little café like this!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
San Francisco, California
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

It is in the shopping center between Kailua and the airport and very tasty. Reasonably priced traditional Hawaiian food and the best potato mac salad we had while in Hawaii and full of locals.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank NerdyTravelGirl
Kalaoa, Hawaii, United States
“Ono,Fresh and tasty.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Long time patron here love it y'all must try the stew and Korean chicken. They are very clean and have amazing employees. Its like a big family. Its a perfect pit stop after a ling flight.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good food, a bit out of the way.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

A local place, near Matsuyama on the lower (Queen K Hwy) road between Costco & the airport. Good Korean chicken & Kal Bi ribs!

Visited October 2013
Olathe, Kansas
“delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I were deciding where to have lunch before we had to fly home. We decided on this place, as we hadn't had a plate lunch yet. We LOVE plate lunches in Hawaii! We came here - and were so glad we did. The portions are HUGE - we ate til we were stuffed.We each got a two entree plate lunch and split our dishes. Korean chicken, Kalbi ribs (they were beyond delicious! I wish I could make them that good!), chicken Katsu, and teriyaki beef. It was a great lunch for a send off from Hawaii!!

Visited September 2013