Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
amazing experience with a cool team!

stephanie and i (yannik) made a night dive and saw some very beautiful mantas and other interesting... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Safari12497666406
via mobile
One of the best dive operators anywhere!

I have been diving for nearly 40 years and Kona Diving Company is one of best. They are extremely... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
CNMark

Recommended experiences in and around Island of Hawaii
from $85.00
from $220.32
from $139.00
from $287.96
1,237 results
All reviews manta night dive dive master brownie dive shop hot shower the big island fish air consumption great dive two tank morning dives safety stop experienced divers captain mike eagle rays octopus rental gear
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Amazing! My wife and I booked with them last minute and are so glad we did! No clue about the shop, but on and in the water the crew was Courteous, fun, laid back, and seemed to know their stuff! Aside from seeing 20 manta on the 2nd dive, even the surface interval in the boat made for an amazing afternoon/ evening. We would highly advise booking with Kona Diving Company.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Night dive 11/02 on Imi Kai. Captain Shane was professional and charming. Found us a fantastic spot for a night dive. Divemasters Hailey and Daniel were extremely detail oriented and made sure everything ran smoothly. The whole crew never let us lift a finger! After already feeling completely spoiled, when getting out of the warm water onto the boat in the chilly night- there was a HOT shower to rinse off with!! It was perfect. I can’t wait to go out with them again.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been diving solo around Hawaii for three weeks and KDC were everything you want and need in a diving company. They’re fun (excellent banter) and professional with a focus on safety. Lindsay and Kerry were great to dive with, excellent knowledge of dive sites with detailed briefings and happy to answer any questions I had. Booking process was simple and communication was always impeccable between staff and divers. I would come back to Kona just to dive with them again. Thank you for making my holiday so memorable.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed October 30, 2018

We went diving 10/15 and saw Mantas on both the twilight reef dive and the Manta night dive. Our crew was the best. We had safe, small DM to diver ratios, Luke gave some of the most thorough dive briefings I've ever had, and we had a great time.

Between dives, tortilla roll ups, goldfish, trail mix, sodas, water, juice and brownies were offered to stave off diving hangries.

I would not hesitate to go out with this operation again. So thorough and safe. Our group waited until others had gone down and attracted the Mantas, so we had 100% Manta time. Many groups left early, but we stayed down, with the Mantas, as long as time allowed. It's a pricey dive, but I would do it again with KDC next time we are on Big Island.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank cmlucier
Reviewed October 29, 2018

The day we were diving, we went with Kerry during our day time dives. Kerry was so informative, and fun. The DM to diver ratio was fair, and we never felt unsafe in the water. During surface intervals there were yummy food and brownies. During our night dive, we were diving with Sara, she was very professional and gave us everything we needed to know to ensure our safety and enjoyment on the Manta dive. It was so amazing, but it was only Gabby that showed up. I'd have to come back, and hope that there are more Mantas the show up! I would come back to them for the awesome crew, and the BROWNIES!

Date of experience: July 2018