Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Review Highlights
amazing experience with a cool team!

stephanie and i (yannik) made a night dive and saw some very beautiful mantas and other interesting... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Safari12497666406
via mobile
One of the best dive operators anywhere!

I have been diving for nearly 40 years and Kona Diving Company is one of best. They are extremely... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
CNMark

Recommended experiences in and around Island of Hawaii
from $85.00
from $220.32
from $139.00
from $267.02
1,237 results
All reviews manta night dive dive master brownie dive shop hot shower the big island fish air consumption great dive morning dives two tank safety stop experienced divers captain mike eagle rays octopus rental gear
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2016

My husband and I have lived in Kona for 17 years and at one time or another dove with most the dive operators in town. KDC is easily the most professional, knowledgeable and courteous outfit on the island. A small, well organized operation that cares about giving their customers the most pleasant dive experience possible. If there is a particular critter you want to see, they will do their best to find it. When we have diving friends in town, we always feel confident taking them to KDC as we know they won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed September 5, 2016

My wife and I dove 5 days with Kona Diving Co again. We dive Kona once a year or so. We've looked into several dive operations, and this is the only one that we would use. Comfortable group with choice of shady or sunny spots. Small groups of 3-4 divers. The divemasters know their stuff. Friendly & accommodating people.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

I had a firm recommendation from a friend to use KDC when I visited the Big Island for vacation this summer; I was not disappointed!

KDC are a slick and highly professional diving center that will look after your every need. They are very happy to accommodate your specific needs, for example, I always like to dive a standard Nitrox mix of 32% on all recreational dives and this was made easy by the team.

The guides are excellent and really know the sites and the boat crews are well organized and efficient.

Everyone on the boat was happy to help with kitting up etc and the dive briefings were detailed and engaging. In the water the dive guides are attentive and highly capable.

For those that haven't had a chance to dive from the Big Island, you are in a for a treat - the sea life is varied and the water is clear and warm.

I have been lucky enough to dive all over the world from Hawaii to Egypt, the Maldives to Europe and Australia and I can honestly say that KDC is one of the best diving operations I've been with.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

This week I did 2 days of diving with the Kona Diving Company. Both dives were the Manta night dives.

The catamaran they use is really impressive. It's spacious and well equipped. It even has a hot water shower, which is great after a night dive when it does cool down. Especially if you've just sat an hour on the bottom of the ocean watching Manta Rays giving an extraordinary show! There is also plenty of food and (hot)drinks on board. The brownies that the owner bakes herself are really good and so are the turkey/beef wraps. And the hot chocolate after the night dive... Wow..

The equipment they use is modern and when you rent some of their equipment they'll go over the features with you. Their boat briefings are really in detail including a lot of marine life information backed up with pictures and books on board. These books are ideal as well to look up any fishes you've seen later on.

The staff is very friendly. The first night Captain Tim was driving the boat and Ian was our divemaster. The second night Mike was our captain and Hailey our dive guide. Ian's in depth knowledge of the Manta Rays was especially very impressive!

The dives themselves were good dives. I can really appreciate that they let you dive your tank. I.e. you dive as long as air allows you to safely dive. Which resulted in the first reef dives (the dive prior to the manta night dive) clocking 80 minutes approx.

On the regular reef dive in Garden Eel Cove we saw several scorpion fish, lobster, fire angel fish, octopus, garden eels, bunch of moray eels.

The reason I ended up going twice was because the first night sadly no Manta Rays showed up. A rare situation, but a realistic one. On the first night a Hawaiian Seal Monk did show up though!! I got a 50% discount on the second night due to the Manta's taking a day off, a fair deal in my opinion.

Fortunately the second night two Manta's showed up, Gaby and Regan. They stayed an entire hour and gave a breathtaking show.

Needless to say, I highly recommend this company. You will dive lengthy dives in small groups with very knowledgeable and passionate staff.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Scipita
Reviewed August 24, 2016

I will say this I have had an opportunity to dive around the world that is not to say I have seen it all and dove it all. But from dives off the coast of NC to the Cenote, Maya Rivera area, Bahamas, St Martin, Aruba, and Philippines just to name a few. Kona Diving Company stands at the top of my list of dive shops I have encountered for several reasons. First and foremost I have never been allowed to blow a tank, generally I always return to the boat with between 1,000 and 1,500 PSI. Not with KDC I was busting out 90 minute dives and loving every minute of it. I could go on and on about my experience with this awesome crew Kerry, Luke, Shaggy, Flossie, Hailey and Jeff the captain but I won't I will move on to the wonderful dives. Mantas ... Mantas and more Manta 32 to be exact that was the number of these marvelous creatures we saw on our Manta night dive. The are no words to describe it ...just do it!!! Last but not least the highlight of my month probably a beautiful 13 foot pregnant Tiger Shark!! In all my dives once again I don't proclaim to be a pro but in 65 dives I have never been so lucky. Reef sharks are common even a Sand shark but I have a list of what I consider the big three Tiger, Great White and Hammerhead. I am always in search and thanks to Kerry I can check one off. Hammerheads here I come and then last Great White!

Date of experience: July 2016