“Excellent dive company”

Kona Diving Company
Ranked #4 of 201 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014, Kona Diving Company offers SCUBA diving adventures off of their custom dive boat on the Kona coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Contact us for certification of all levels, introductory dives & night dives/manta ray dives. Multi-day dive packages available. A wonderful shop and friendly staff will welcome you!
Willits, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent dive company”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Everyone's probably already said it all but these guys and gals are definitely top notch. If you are doing the night dive, Kona has their divers get in the water after everyone else is already in and the Manta's start arriving. What does this mean. Well everyone else leaves before you. The night we dove there were perhaps 7 other boats with divers and snorkelers in the water so it was sort of like watching a Las Vegas show with 14 Manta Rays as the dancers. There were lights everywhere. Then group by group all the other divers left taking their lights with them until there was just the six of us and our flashlights and 14 Manta Rays. It was incredible! Truly an experience not to be missed. Sitting on the bottom of the ocean watching these great majestic creatures come out of the darkness toward you and then gracefully grazing right over your head. Wow!

Visited January 2013

Manhattan, KS
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience.”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I certified two years ago and had not been diving since. These guys were great! They conducted a thorough review before the dive, let us know what we could expect to see and then let us dive our air. My family snorkeled while I dove and they had as much fun as I did. I would go back to KDC any time.

Vancouver, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent 1st dive experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I did the Discover Scuba Dive with Kona Diving Co. and I had to admit this was the best experience ever! Billy was my instructor for the day. Billy, Capt Mike and the crew were so attentive it made the whole experience easy for me. I was very nervous at the beginning as I had no knowledge/experience with scuba diving before. Billy made everything easy and made sure I was comfortable with what I was doing at every moment. Once we were in the water, he took good care of me as I was overwhelmed with all the fishes/corals that I see. He taught me some basic skills so I can control the buoyancy when I am under the water. He also made sure I was doing alright at almost every minute, checking my gauge, weights etc etc. so I had nothing to worry about but to enjoy swimming like a fish and looking at all the incredible sea lives under the water! I can't say more about this crew and I am already thinking about going back and taking the open water dive certification with them. A Big Thank You To All of the Crew again!!!! :)

Pago Pago, American Samoa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shaggy and Capt Mike Rock!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had a wonderful time diving with Kona Dive Co. I did the 2 tank manta dive - one dive before sunset, then hot drinks and snacks before the big show after dark to see the manta ballet - which was incredible! Shaggy has wonderful knowledge about the mantas and the ecosystems in general which is always nice, and he is a great dive guide.

Definitely recommend them and the manta dive - incredible!

Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun fun fun”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Yep, I have to agree with positive and glowing reviews. I'm writing this from a simple snorkeling adventure and not scuba although from the way the smiles I saw from those people, I'm pretty sure they also had a great time.
These folks from the time we stopped in when first we arrived in Kona to get ourselves sized for a wet suit until we left, it was fabulous. It didn't matter that we were just there for snorkeling and the Manta dive, we felt they treated us equally well. There were about 15 of us, 6 snorkeling and the rest divers.

Hats off to Captain Mike, Jordon (Head snorkel) and Luke (Head manta). Luke is absorbed with the mantas and I swear there are gills on the side of his neck. Jordan's passion for the ocean is very keen. It's obvious that they really enjoy their jobs and sharing their knowledge about the ocean.

Because the mantas came out late, these folks stayed a little longer because of it and we were the 2nd to the last boat to depart the area. You definitely want to scratch this off your bucket list and if it's not there now, pencil it in with these folks.