“Best of the Best of the Best!”

Kona Diving Company
Ranked #4 of 201 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014, Kona Diving Company offers SCUBA diving adventures off of their custom dive boat on the Kona coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Contact us for certification of all levels, introductory dives & night dives/manta ray dives. Multi-day dive packages available. A wonderful shop and friendly staff will welcome you!
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best of the Best of the Best!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Unbelievable group! They are, without a doubt, the best dive company on the Big Island and...honestly...the entire state. The gear, boat, shop, etc is all incredibly high quality and clean. But more importantly, as we all know, they are a FANTASTIC group of people. They have mastered the skill of having fun while still being incredibly safe and taking diving seriously.

The crew on their charter is outstanding. They WANT you to have fun on the dive and relax on the boat. Everything is though of (from the warm shower to the perfect snacks).

There aren't enough words to describe how SUPERB this dive shop is. We will be back again and again and again and again...

Visited March 2013

California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our family just did two days, one at night, of diving with the Kona dive Co. What a friendly professional group. We felt so attended to and so comfortable with their dive masters. I was a little
hesitant about my first night dive but they made me relax and enjoy one of the once in a lifetime
amazing dives. If diving with Manta Rays swarming all around you does not impress you
then nothing will. This is something no diver should miss! Thanks to such a great crew. I wonder what I could now to top this.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent company, excellent staff!”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I just got back from doing my check out certification dives in Kona. After doing some research and being referred to the Kona Diving Company by a friend, I decided to go with them. I was glad I did. Not only were the staff extremely helpful (and personable) but they made signing up for the dives incredibly easy. There were no hidden costs, no additional hoops to jump through. All I had to do was show up with my medical form, classroom dive certificate and they handled the rest. I had Billy as my dive instructor and he was excellent. Despite myself being incredibly nervous and apprehensive, Billy made me comfortable and calm. His instructions were incredibly clear and he answered all of my questions and concerns. Even before we got in the water for the first dive, I trusted Billy due to his professional and personable manner. Even through the pains of the certification (mask removal is nothing short of torture for me), Billy made everything simple, relaxing and even told jokes to calm me down - which greatly helped. If you are doing your certification, I HIGHLY recommend having Billy as your instructor.

The rest of the dive crew is great. They all take time to introduce themselves and to make you feel at home and comfortable during their dives. The Kona Dive Company staff makes sure you have an enjoyable and personable experience. I enjoyed being around them so much, that after the dives I would hang out at their Dive Shop talking to them about what we saw and what other dive sites they recommend.

You cannot beat the diving in Kona (great fish, sea life, and coral) but going with the Kona Diving Company makes the diving unforgettable. Anyone can get on a boat and go diving with any company. But the Kona Diving Company makes you feel welcome and comfortable and they work to ensure you have an enjoyable and fun trip.

Despite just getting back from Kona, I am ready to go back and go diving with the Kona Diving Company again.

1 Thank Charles M
Seattle, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kona Dive Company is first class!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and one of my dive buddies recently went on a two tank dive with Kona Dive Company and it was such a great experience. The shop, boat, crew, instructors, gear... etc etc, all exceeded expectations. Our first dive was about a 75' reef dive, which was fantastic...58 mins on just air. Then we had our surface time while the sun went down and enjoyed all kinds of great snacks and drinks. From sandwich wraps, to trail mix, to brownies, and crackers... it far out did the classic chips and water that's often offered on Hawaii dive charters.
The second dive was the night / Manta dive, and it too was 58 mins and was not only the most unbelievable dive I've done, but one of the most unbelievable experiences of my life.

The hot water shower on the boat at the end, followed up with more snacks, was just the icing on the big ole cake. I'll never forget this experience, or the company that helped make it the best.

Bravo, Kona Dive Company... you did yourselves proud!

p.s. Love my Kona night life shirt....as do my other dive buddies I brought them back for. :)

T

Beijing, China
“终身难忘的魔鬼鱼夜潜”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

终身难忘的魔鬼鱼夜潜
刚刚过去的蛇年春节,我和爱人带着九岁的女儿到夏威夷度假。出国前,我在tripadvisor上查找大岛潜水推荐项目,看到位居首位的KDC魔鬼鱼夜潜,毅然登陆KDC网站报了名。到达大岛后,我们顺利找到KDC,登上他们崭新舒适的双体船,前往有魔鬼鱼天堂之称的圆鳗湾。因为女儿岁数限制,我们一家只能浮潜,而船上其他十余名客人全部深潜。夜幕降临,在圆鳗湾集结的各路人员陆续下海,深潜的戴着头灯集中在二十米深的海底,形成一片李安少年派漂流时见到的梦幻般蓝色荧光的海洋,浮潜的扶着装有向下探照灯的木板漂浮在深潜者的正上方,无数的浮游生物从周围漆黑的海域吸引至我们这一片光亮的世界,密密麻麻、摩肩接踵。主角魔鬼鱼就要登场了,它们的胸鳍翼展可以达到五米,上下摆动,在水里腾云驾雾一样前行,它们的主要食物,也就是我们面前这数不胜数浮游生物,则太不般配它们硕大的体型了。尽管每个人嘴里都含着呼吸管,但第一只魔鬼鱼出现眼前的时候,大家都情不自禁地从喉咙深处呐喊出激动。第二只、第三只、第四只、第五只,我们眼前的世界变成的魔鬼鱼的宴会大厅。它们呼扇着胸鳍,张着宽大的吻,胸鳍前部的两个肉足摆动着帮助海水进入口吻,过滤并吞食着海水中无尽的饕餮盛宴。第一时刻看到它们从海底径直冲向我们浮潜者,就在冲撞发生的刹那,却又身手矫捷地一翻腾,展开宽阔白色的腹部,在触手可及的距离内与我们擦身而过。象观看自由体操表演一样,这些魔鬼鱼在我们面前周而复始地上下飞舞,最精彩的时刻竟有三只魔鬼鱼齐头并进地飞奔而来,转瞬又向特技飞行表演一样四散翻腾而去,留下一海面的惊叫与赞叹。我一直酷爱国家地理和发现频道的动物世界纪录片,必须说,那一刻,每一个潜水者都是大自然美仑美奂生物世界的见证者与记录者。在此由衷感谢KDC的Katie,你热情洋溢的服务与无微不至的保护让我们得以尽情欣赏。冬天的夏威夷海水蛮冷的,Katie提供的专业潜水服帮助我们在一小时的海水浸泡中御寒。Katie告诉我们,圆鳗湾的魔鬼鱼夜潜是全世界最精彩的夜潜,KDC每晚出动都会吸引至少三四只魔鬼鱼,最多一次竟有四十二只不期而至,KDC根据每只魔鬼鱼腹部的斑点不同区别并命名它们,魔鬼鱼有和人类一样的寿命预期,那一晚我们见到的五只都是不到十岁的少女,有朝一日我们再回来,可能与它们故友重逢。非常期望再见的那一天。
(P.S. KDC takes the top place on tripadvisor diving recommendation with lots of excellent reviews form American and European tourists. I find it my small way to pay back the most kind hospitality and service from Katie to start on tripadvisor maybe the first review of KDC in Chinese in my hope that more of my fellow country man may enjoy the wonderful experience that we lived. Thank Katie! Thanks KDC! From the father of the nine year old Chinese girl whom you helped with most painstaking efforts in getting into her wetsuit. Look forward to seeing you again.)