“Kerry and Team are #1 in Kona”

Kona Diving Company
Ranked #6 of 200 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Owner description: Awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2014, Kona Diving Company offers SCUBA diving adventures off of their custom dive boat on the Kona coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Contact us for certification of all levels, introductory dives & night dives/manta ray dives. Multi-day dive packages available. A wonderful shop and friendly staff will welcome you!
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have dove with 4 different vendors in Kona and done over 25 dives in Kona in the last 4 seasons and this crew is second to none.

Great boat, SMALL groups, caring and knowledgeable staff and a great attitude. Also, if you dive the 3 or 5 day package the prices are far more reasonable than many of the other shops in Kona and everyone can appreciate that.

They are always so welcoming and do a great job of introducing you to the rest of the divers on the boat. Every-time we come back they seem to have repeat customers which is always a good sign. After diving with several other good operators in Kona we have chosen KDC as by far the best!

They do such a great job of separating newer and more experienced divers so everyone gets "what they want" and feels safe and comfortable doing so.

Bravo to a great crew and an AMAZING owner!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I would give these guys ten stars if I could, and they would deserve every single one of them. After diving with several other charters in Kona, I have to say that NONE of them were like these guys. I booked a two-tank evening/night dive with them along with four others in my group--the second dive was the famous Manta Ray dive--and we received courteous, professional service from the moment we arrived to the moment we drove out of the harbor. Friendly, funny, experienced, knowledgeable staff who just went out of their way to make our experience an awesome and memorable one and who pointed out to us loads of neat sea life; great service on board with plenty of food and drinks, hot cocoa and soup and a hot shower (great for warming you up after the dives!) IMPORTANT: If you do a Manta Ray night dive, do it with these guys! They have a little secret that nobody else does that will make your dive one of the most fantastic and memorable experiences of your life!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I had a 3 separate dive days with the KDC. They were caring, helpful and very skilled with briefings. I had trouble with buoyancy (too buoyant) and they were excellent with helping me diagnose the problem as well as methods for management.

The boat was clean, food was good, equipment was new and working correctly and the dive masters skilled and friendly. Also important to me is that the various staff took their time to get to know you and really tried to do their very best. My husband developed an ear infection after booking and the shop staff were very good about rebooking and being flexible with our needs. The booking staff also arranged for a gluten free snack, which was totally unexpected, but very nice!

I plan to return to the KDC for more diving when I return to Hawaii.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Booked a two-tank morning dive with KDC on short notice. The booking process was a breeze and the shop was able to look up my PADI information without issue. The payment process after the dive was also a piece of cake; everyone at the shop was pleasant.

The dive itself was a blast, even though it had been a year or so since I was last in the water. I rented equipment which was sized beautifully and made the dive a breeze. I lucked out with David as my guide. He was incredibly patient and did a great job with briefing and debriefing the dives, and thoroughly reacquainted me with the process. He kept a close eye on me while under to make sure things were going well. The whole crew was great during the SIs (food and beverages were provided) and the whale watching was fantastic as well!

I'd recommend this group to any diver--new or experienced--in a heartbeat. I'll see KDC again the next time I'm in Kona!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Plenty of reviews praising the team, but I wanted to add one more. The ride out to the dive site was one of the roughest I've ever experienced, and the crew did an amazing job trying to help people out and keep them well. Once in the water, the manta rays were just spectacular. Truly one of the best dives ever!!