“Horrible staff”

Ranked #74 of 133 things to do in Kailua-Kona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Horrible staff”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I tried to take my two young daughters to the pool. Gate was open, no signs anywhere. We went in and set up, got sunscreen in and someone tells us the pool is closed. I said "really? There's no sign and the gate was open". He started mocking me!!!!! Safe to say I will never ever go to this pool again.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Shanflores21

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“great place to swim”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

excellent pool, always clean, liveguards are very alert and friendly, easy location to find, good Masters program

Visited February 2013
1 Thank apollokalele
Lindon, Utah
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Free public pool”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Even though we had pools at our resort, it was nicer to go to the aquatic center because it had designated lanes for people doing workouts. Also, it was to swim the locals, and it is free!

Visited September 2012
4 Thank LeGrand F
washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Every town should have one”
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I could not believe that the Kona Community Aquatic Center was completely free to use. I try to swim whenever I travel - which is often - and have never found a facility of this kind that is easy to access, open reasonable hours, and free. The facilities are great - not the nicest I've used - but very nice. I enjoyed starting my day with laps and watching the sunrise.

9 Thank swimm0nkey
Kona, HI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lap Swimming in Kailua Kona”
Reviewed December 11, 2008

For those wishing to get in a swimming workout while visiting Kailua Kona try the Kona Aquatics Center. There is no charge and the facilities are excellent.

7 Thank pumpkin363