“worth every penny”

Kona Mike's Surf Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf lessons, stand up paddle lessons and guided tours - for beginners and experienced surfers - with the best instructors on the Big Island! We surf twice a day, seven days a week. Book your adventure today!
maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“worth every penny”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

very impressed, just an awesome experience, I had Fuzzy and Logan, they were very informative and patient...great guys, great surfers. So glad I did this. I would absolutely recommend this activity and hope I get to do it again one day.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank hackettlaing

“You've got to try this!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My two sons (12 & 11) and me (Dad) took a semi-private lesson. A no-show from another party meant we got the benefit of both Sean and Logan for the full two hours. They were both great in helping us novices stand up, surf and have an awesome time! Totally recommend them!

Simi Valley, California
“Kona Mike's Surf Adventure”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had an awesome experience with Mike and his crew. We highly recommend the semi-private lesson. We all had such a great experience that we returned a couple days later for more surfing. Mike does a great job from start to finish, he is great with kids and is always making sure everyone is safe and having fun. I have surfed in other places and this is by far the best!

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grandma Surfs Kona”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

OK. I had to try it! I am a grandma and a few weeks shy of 67 years old. I met Mike at the beach, got the scoop and signed up. It was fantastic. Kona Mike's staff were all kind, friendly, skilled and helpful. Hey, I did it, and have pictures to prove it.

1 Thank Linda D
Bellevue, Washington
“Logan made the day!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My daughter and I had semi-private lessons with Logan. Neither of us had been surfing before. We had a blast. Logan really paid attention to what we were doing (right and wrong) and got us surfing. It was a highlight of our vacation. Thanks, Logan!

I have to agree with another reviewer. This was physically grueling. My shoulders were tired the next day. And the backs of my legs were red! However much sunscreen you put on, it won't be enough.