“Mike is the best!”

Kona Mike's Surf Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf lessons, stand up paddle lessons and guided tours - for beginners and experienced surfers - with the best instructors on the Big Island! We surf twice a day, seven days a week. Book your adventure today!
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Mike is not only a super coach, he’s also super nice. We spend a great 2 hours in the water with him. A 2 hours lesson is just enough to learn without being too exausted.
With his magic push, he make it easy to stand up and surf. We were 2 adults. It was both our first time and we stand up easily. We had snowboarding experience.
We had so much fun!
I highly recommend a private or semi-private lesson, otherwise I think we would not have stand up that much. Worth the price!

1  Thank Sunny_Side_Up1585

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Kona Mike's is a really friendly, low-pressure and fun experience for learning stand-up paddle boarding. Our instructor, Logan, was really good at explaining how to do it on dry land, so we knew what to expect, and was even better at giving helpful hints when we were actually out on the bay. Loved it!

1  Thank drf1981
Reviewed September 3, 2013

If we could give 10 stars we would! We booked one day in advance and they were so accommodating! "Fuzzy" our instructor had us up and surfing the first waves out! He was great at giving instructions. We loved it so much we booked a second private lesson for one additional day! If you plan on surfing don't go anywhere else! As mike has one of 3 permits for this very exclusive surf spot, we were the only surfers there! Thanks guys the most memorable trip to Hawaii yet!

1  Thank Ginalintz
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Kona Mike's was awesome. My son and I went out with 2 other people and 2 instructors Fuzzy and Lekhe (probably butchered that). We were both up and riding on our first wave. By the end of the lesson, we were both turning down the line and paddling into our own waves. It's an experience we'll remember forever. Mike's was easy to find and he was able to find waves during a completely flat August. We hiked out to a cool little spot in a state park and found perfect waves for a beginner. The guys were great to hang out with and we caught dozens of waves. I wish I had more time to go back another day. Hopefully I'll win our company trip in April and get the chance to head back out for another session. I did my research and I'm really glad I picked Kona Mike's

1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had three instructors with our little group who were very attentive, understanding and excellent teachers. My wife and I are complete novices but were both able to surf all the way to shore numerous times. Fuzzy and Mike were taking us under thier wing for the most part and the other instructor was tandem surfing with a young child.

We would have definitely booked a second lesson if we had had time.

Thank you all for giving us some wonderful memories on our trip.

1  Thank Joed82