“An Excellent Experience”

Kona Mike's Surf Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf lessons, stand up paddle lessons and guided tours - for beginners and experienced surfers - with the best instructors on the Big Island! We surf twice a day, seven days a week. Book your adventure today!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Kona Mike's Surfing Adventures is a top notch operation. Mike and his instructors are organized, experienced, knowledgeable and have great people skills. From Tara who takes the initial reservation, and Mike who briefs the students before they get into the water, to each of the instructors teaching the students, everyone is a professional - respectful, patient articulate and doing their best to provide a service they have a passion for. We had our four children surfing (three boys and a daughter), a 20 year old (who was very reluctant at first and jumped in last minute), two 17 year old twins, and a 14 year old daughter; each one had an incredible experience and couldn't say enough great things about his/her experience. Kona Mike's provides everything you need; footwear, shirts and the appropriate surf board for your weight and height. Don't miss out on this experience. My husband and I didn't join the kids and that has been our biggest regret.

1  Thank Hal-Mints
All reviews
"semi private lesson"
in 12 reviews
"thanks mike"
in 7 reviews
"wave after wave"
in 3 reviews
"cannot recommend them highly enough"
"the big island"
in 20 reviews
"session"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This was our very first time surfing and we had a ball. The instructors do a great job instructing and obviously love their job (thanks fuzzy). For newbies 2 hrs is a long time especially one on one but get great experience and this company is one of very few that has permit for an area known for its breaks when the usual place is flat. This gives you as a new surfer a great advantage.

1  Thank HappyBandit
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was my first lesson and I'm glad I did an indivdual session. Kona Mike was actually my instructor and he was very patient and helpful in getting me to ride my first waves. A great experience and one I would recommend to anyone interested in learning to surf or even experienced surfers looking for an awesome wave. I'll certainly use Kona Mike on our next trip back!!!!

1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed June 21, 2013

3rd time we have used Kona Mike, never has disappointed us, would make one suggestion, take more pictures of all the group, will use again in the future.