“A perfect morning!”

Kona Mike's Surf Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf lessons, stand up paddle lessons and guided tours - for beginners and experienced surfers - with the best instructors on the Big Island! We surf twice a day, seven days a week. Book your adventure today!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A perfect morning!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the moment Mike answered his phone until we waved goodbye, it was a wonderful experience. Mike and team were easygoing, efficient, casual yet professional, enjoyed joking around and did a great job making us feel like "no big deal, nothing to worry about". Even though it was a larger group- actually, thank goodness it was a larger group- everyone got tons of chances on waves. The few minute breaks to let arms rest and readjust rash guards while other people paddled out were really nice! The 2 hours felt like much longer, and was fun, full of smiles, and positive coaching from the instructors. Amazing experience with an amazing group, and I'll be back to see Mike the next time I find myself on the Big Island.

Langley City, Canada
“Mike and his crew are great.”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Mike and his crew were great. Easily one of our highlights in our trip to Kona. Was on my wife's bucket list and she wasn't disappointed. All of us were up on the first try.

Our two youngest weren't old enough to join us but they were able to play on the beach with other family members. Wish we'd been able to surf up to the beach to see them, but unfortunately, the location didn't allow for that (apparently the case for most of Kona because of the lava rock).

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Excellent surfing experience”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Mike gave my 14yr old son a lesson our last day in Hawaii and after being in Hawaii for over a week this is the only thing my son can talk about. Mike was easy to work with and fantastic with my son. There's no rush to learn, you go at the individuals pace. Wish we had signed up when we first got here, would've done a few more lessons. Highly recommend Mike's Surf Adventures!

Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“"Surfing is the best"”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Kona Mike's is a great place to learn how to surf. My sister and I took two lessons and left feeling great. The experience was amazing and the instructors were very encouraging. By the time you leave you will have had your proud moment when you catch your first wave. No matter what age you are surfing is a great experience so don't worry about getting up on the board because you will get there.The skills are simple and before you know it you are surfing. If you plan on trying surfing take it from the best at Kona Mike's!!! Ages 12 and 14

Visited March 2013
Portage
“Great surfing experience!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Kona Mike's was a fantastic experience for me and my kids! I'm a 40-something mom and I was up on the first try. Mike gives great, easy to follow instruction. We had a great guide in the water and he was easily able to keep us all challenged and improving. You do need to be in decent shape. It is a pretty serious upper body workout. Only word of caution is there are a lot of other outfits teaching lessons on the same beach, so it gets a little crowded.