“Definately First Class”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kailua-Kona
1st Class Vacation Rental Kona Hawaii
Ranked #9 of 13 Kailua-Kona B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband and I have previously travelled to warm destinations, but this was our first trip to Hawaii and after spending 12 absolutely wonderful nights staying at the 1st Class B & B, we will definitely be returning. Upon our arrival at the 1st Class B & B we were warmly greeted by the owner of the establishment, Delores, and shown to the private cottage where a few simple directions were provided to us to make our stay more enjoyable.

We spent 10 nights in the cottage which was very private and very comfortable with all the comforts of home. The bed was extremely comfortable, the furnishings and accoutrements were pleasing and worth the expense. The last two nights in the studio were equally as pleasant and comfortable.

Fresh towels were supplied daily and the breakfasts prepared by Delores were exceptional examples of first class culinary cuisine. Mornings during breakfast we would sit and chat with Delores; she filled us in on some of the history of Hawaii and local customs of the island. Dolores and her wealth of knowledge regarding the local sights allowed us to miss nothing on our daily excursions. Our only regret is that our time there passed too quickly. At the 1st Class B & B we struck a friendship with Delores we will always treasure and never forget. We would highly recommend the 1st Class B & B for your stay on the big island of Hawaii.

Cheers Delores!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank yvettejensen

Reviewed April 18, 2012

The attention to detail is extraordinary. The breakfasts are something to remember. The location and views are excellent. The whole experience is one you will want to come back to...

Room Tip: Either choice is excellent
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob43379
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We stayed in both accomodations (the cottage and the studio) during our 20 day stay at Big Island. We were here because of the Ironman race.
Both accomodations are spaciuos, very comfortable and are very nicely decorated. They have all facilities to make you feel at home immediately.
Dolores, the lady of the house, was a very friendly and caring host. She is also very straight in her communication which we could appreciate very well.
Breakfast was a real delight and everyday we were surprised with something else.
The surroundings of the premises are very green and quiet. For us it was a perfect location because we wanted to stay away from the crowds.
Next time we come to Big Island (and I hope that will be soon) we'll certainly come back to this place!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sgy75
Reviewed January 18, 2009

At First Class BB you will be surprised by a first class service at its best and a warm and friendly welcome from Dolores, hostess and owner of this lovely place.

The cottage is spacious and beautifully decorated. You feel at home immediately. Some munchies in the fridge, beautifully crafted name cards in the bath. Everything is clean and neat. Towels are changed every day, bed linens every 4th.
From its lanai you have a wonderful view on Kona and the coast. Don't miss the sunsets.

To look forward to: breakfasts are delicous and copious served on the large lanai. Dolores has an eye not only for table decorations but definitely is a magician in cuisine. Be it porridge, waffles, pancakes or tasty egg dishes and fruits...you will spend more time at the breakfast table than ever and get a new surprise every morning.

This is the time to ask Dolores about the island. She just knows everything and gives you well appreciated hints to experience the Big Island without getting exhausted.
Ideally placed, First Class B&B is only a 5 minute drive from Kona and ideal as a starting point for longer excursions.
For a day at the beach, Dolores provides you with all you need: chairs, boards, towels, cool boxes etc.

Last but not least, enjoy a nice and relaxing evening with some 'pupus' and a drink in Dolores' company on her lanai and 'talk story'.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Karine_Edi
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We honeymooned in Hawaii and spent 4 days in Kona. I will say that we throughly were satisfied with our stay, This place is beautiful inside and out. Dolores made the best breakfasts and was great company, with lots of knowledge about the island and what to do. She made it so personal, with our Hawaiian name cards and we loved it all.
would we go back... In a heartbeat.
Dolores if you are reading this!!! A big hello from Enzo and Diane!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hawaii51031
Reviewed May 28, 2008

My wife and I went to Hawaii to renew our weddings vows, and the First Class B&B was recommended to us by two very dear friends. We decided to stay there and it was the best, friendliest and comfortable B&B we have ever stayed at. The owner is Delores and there is nothing to great or small she wouldn't do to make our stay as happy as it could possibly be. The room was very comfortable, with all amenities one could possibly hope for.

Our friends stayed with Delores while my wife and I were there. Together with Delores, they decorated the dining area superbly and the dinner she made was second to none.

The location of the B&B is on a hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean and downtown Kona. The sunsets are magnificant, the sunrises are beautiful, the air is fresh and the evening view of the city is beautiful.

My wife and I do plan to return to Hawaii in the near future and we will be staying with Delores again. I highly recommend First Class B&B to everyone and sincerely hope this would be their first choice when visiting Kona, Hawaii.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StetsonTravellers
Reviewed October 12, 2007

I spoke with Dolores, owner of 1st class B&B after viewing her website. I sent her an emial asking to reserve a studio for a 7day stay. She sent me an email telling me the dates were open and that I should send a deposit to reserve the studio apartment. Before I could get the deposit out to Dolores, my husband ran into scheduling problems with his employer and we had to rearrange our vacation plans. I contacted Dolores after about 8 to 10 days to find out if the studio was still available. She emailed me back stating that it was, I told her I was sending the $165.00 requested deposit to reserve our studio for 4 days instead of 7 days. I explained that we had to change the return date due to scheduling problems at work. I waited over a week for a reply and didn't hear from Dolores so I emailed her asking if she had received the deposit and date change information. I didn't hear from her for over a week so I sent her a 2nd email. After a couple days she replied via email that she had in fact received the deposit and was sending a "comfirmation" by mail. She pointed out that I would'nt receive it until late in the week because the post office would be closed on October 8, 2007. When I received the letter, it was a cancellation letter and my deposit check for the studio apartment was inclosed. She made 5 negative comments about why she cancelled my reservation. One comment was that I didn't put her personal name Dolores Mosbacher on my cashier's check as she instructed me too, I put the company name of 1st class B&B which is the business name, I was at the bank and could only remember the business name. She also told me that she cancelled my reservation because I didn't send my deposit in a timely manner. I felt that if Dolores needed to have the deposit within a certain timeframe she could have sent me an email stating that she needed the deposit by a certain time or she could not continue to consider our reservation. I contacted Dolores as soon as we got confirmation of our schedule and asked if the dates were still available. I informed Dolores that the check was on the way and I also gave her our new arrival and depature dates to reserve. She contacted me by email stating that she had in fact recieved the deposit and was sending us a "confirmation" in the mail. Deciet and rudness just wasn't necessary, she could have state her intentions in her email. Her confirmation was actually a cancellation. She did us a favor though because it's better to find out now before spending $165.00 per night for 4 nights not to mention 7 days of rudness. We can have already found another hotel that provides a happy comfortable and relaxing environment for our 1st visit to Hawaii and after telling our story they can't wait to show us true hospitality....Surely this must be why most travel agencies don't endource B&B hotels.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family