“I will never use any other than Sea Hawaii Rafting!”

Aloha Ocean Excursions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Get up close and personal with the Hawaiian coastline and marine life on our exciting boat tours, whale watching excursions and snorkeling adventure! Located in Kona in Hawaii's Big Island, Sea Hawaii Rafting offers an adventure of a lifetime. Our Zodiac adventures are state of the art and environmentally friendly. Our experienced captains and crew will lead you to discover the best Hawaii has to offer.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

While in Hawaii with a girlfriend 2 years ago, I enjoyed a night time snorkel excursion with Kris and his crew - it was absolutely perfect! I just returned from another vaca on the Big Island with my Husband and was really looking forward to sharing the experience with him and didn't hesitate to book it with Sea Hawaii Rafting again. Unfortunately, Kris was on his own vaca so we had to trust in the Concierge to choose a different outfitter - Big Mistake! She booked us on the "Miss Mojo", a 6 guest fishing charter boat. Because it was such a small group we were hoping for a bit of Manta Ray and other Sea life education....Captain Mark barely said two sentences to any of us outside of securing payment. I questioned him about the Humpbacks (of which we spotted several far off) and he said " I wouldn't know about that". This guy says he is a 3rd generation Caption, born and raised on the island of Hawaii....shouldn't he know even just a little bit? He has absolutely no personality and is far from a good host.
Kris from Sea Hawaii Rafting was so full of info and thoroughly educated us on not only the Whales, Turtles and other local Sea life, but also the rules we needed to follow while in the water with the Rays - to protect both the Rays and ourselves. When we were finished, Kris had warm robes, an array of snacks and beverages (even a few adult beverages); all were greatly appreciated. You also wouldn't believe the very reasonable price that Sea Hawaii Rafting charges. I sent 3 friends to them and one of them even asked Kris to marry them on the water - It was a ceremony to remember! Do yourself a favor - if you want an awesome, one of a kind experience on the water while visiting the island of Hawaii, contact Sea Hawaii Rafting.

1  Thank Patton206
in 5 reviews
"night snorkel"
"once in a lifetime"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 3 reviews
"zodiac"
in 37 reviews
"ocean"
in 30 reviews
"company"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Earlier this week a large group (14!) of us went out for a rafting tour with Sea Hawaii Rafting. It was a very memorable day on the water for us, as we were immediately greeted with large sea turtles and a pod of playful dolphins upon exiting the harbor. Captain Kris safely guided us along the southern coast of Kona, stopping for whale watching along the way. Several other pods of dolphins popped up to say aloha to us before we made our way to historical Kealakekua Bay, where we snorkeled and enjoyed a lite lunch. From there, we visited Pu'uhonua O Honaunau, a gorgeous historical park rich with Hawaiian history.

Our cruise back north to the harbor was a fantastic time as well, exploring caves and sacred sites of the Kona coast. As a local, I've always trusted Captain Kris and Sea Hawaii Rafting for my water adventures and love taking friends out on this tour when they are visiting me from out of town. His professionalism, friendliness and sea knowledge are superb and he is a pleasure to spend the day with. The friends who have visited me and enjoyed this tour leave with a lifetime memory.

Will continue to be a repeat customer!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

They should be ranked #1 in HAWAII. We came to Hawaii for our honeymoon and stayed at the Trump at Oahu, Four Seasons on the Big Island, and Four Seasons in Maui. We went on helicopter rides with valley landings, other snorkeling trips, summits to see sunrises and bike down from summits afterwards and to other summits to see sunsets and star gaze. Driving tours with amazing sights (black sand beaches, red sand beaches, swimming in caves, and cliff jumping off of various places.)

I am telling you this whole heartedly this was the best part of our trip period!

We swam with Dolphins, a Marlin, Octopus, and a number of colored fish. Our host is genuine and so well informed. The post snorkeling was just as good showing us up and personal all of the caves and I mean up close and personal. Kris was awesome and the whole trip was amazing. We were on our honeymoon for 20 nights and 21 days this was by far the best part of our trip. We look forward to seeing him soon! After we left the four seasons hualalai I recommended a number of people that were we leaving four season maui to partake this amazing adventure!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I reserved a snorkeling trip weeks ago on SeaHawaii Rafting's web site. Called the office to confirm the reservation a few days before our trip to the Big Island. The boat was supposed to leave at 9am, so we arrived at the Pier in Kona at 8:30 to check in. We wait and waited. Called the SeaHawaii office at 9 and the receptionist said she spoke with Captain Chris earlier and he was supposed to be picking up us any minute. We wait 15 more minutes and called back. She then said she'd call the Captain. 15 Minutes later we get a call from Chris and was told that there was "an oversight" and that he couldn't take us out. No apology and what was really nuts was when he said he might be able to get us a friend to take us out if we waited till 11am. I asked how much? He told us that his prices have gone up since we booked our trip. We got up early and drove 1/2 hour to the Pier and waited around for this? And he was trying to shake us down for more money. I don't think so. Since there were no other custies waiting on the Pier, it's likely that he just decided to blow off the trip - there were 3 of us paid in advance. Guess that wasn't worth his while, but come on, at least call us and let us know you're cancelling. We booked a snorkeling trip with SeaQuest. They were awesome. Professional and when I mentioned our poor experience with SeaHawaii they didn't act surprised at all.

2  Thank Nancy I
See more reviews
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have read through a number of the reviews posted both good and bad and can say that I have experienced a bit of all of them but overall would certainly reccomend Kris and SHR for their local knowledge, and accomodating nature for the evening manta ray tour.

My pregnant wife and I toured with them on an evening manta ray snorkel. My wife who was not a confident swimmer was comforted and assisted throughout the evening making the experience something to remember.

We initially booked in for an evening tour earlier in the week and made our way to the harbour only to receive a call 45 min prior to departing to say that we would not be heading out due to poor conditions. Obviously dissapopinted we returned home and made contact with Kris the following day to re-book.

The process went smoothly and we had no problems speaking over the phone and we booked in for the next night. Unsure as to how much better the following night would really be, we made enquiries with some others and found out the night we were originally supposed to go, the waters were rough and the visibility was poor and as a result only 2 manta rays were seen for a short time.

The following night when we went out, although very busy, we managed to squeeze into the 'campfire' and observe over a dozen magnificant manta rays feeding for what seemed to be hours.

Our guide in the water 'Super Dave' was exceptional and our overall experience was unforgettable. Although we were dissapointed to have a cancellation at late notice, it was better to have gone out when the conditions were suitable.

And who can complain with warm robes and hot drinks on the way back into harbour?

1  Thank Greg S