This is a nice condo on the south edge of downtown Kailua-Kona on the Big Island. Castle Resorts manages this resort condo at present for individual owners of the various units.
We were show two rooms that had BIG differences in decoration and furniture quality because of different unit owners and their desire to manage upkeep. One was run down, worn and scary.
The second one was much better with the only problem of an old tired refrigerator that spoiled our food and a hot water heater too small for more than one shower every half hour.
This are nice big 2 bedroom and bath units. One bedroom had an king bed, the other tiny single beds OK for kids.
The pull out sofa bed, not available in all units, was HORRIBLE. My back is still getting over it.
The rates were fabulous on our off-season stay and the Jenn Air stainless steel grill available for guest to use along the water front were super!
Close to town and activities. Pay for ocean view. The street side of ALL units can be noisy there by the main road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kona Bali Kai is a condominium resort located on the ocean's edge, displaying an uninterrupted vista of magnificent Kona sunsets. Choose from studios, one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with full-kitchens, private lanai, and ocean or mountainside views. Amenities include a swimming pool, barbecue areas throughout the resort, and a laundry facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Kona Bali Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Bali Kai Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Castle Kona Bali Kai Kailua
- Castle Kona Bali Kai Hotel
- Castle Kona Bali Kai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona