We just returned from Kona and we stayed here for the first night we arrived. I wanted a location that was ocean front and not just view and we received just that. We stayed in room 101 and the view was amazing of the ocean. Even though it's the first floor, it's not ground level so you will be able to get a nice view of the waves crashing on the rocks.
The rooms were a nice size and when we checked out, we were told that room was getting new furniture. We said that if we came back to Kona and needed a place to stay for an extended period of time, then this would be the place.
We didn't get in the pool there but I guess it was a decent size. There is also a small stretch of beach but you have to climb down a wall and over rocks to get to the water which isn't very swim safe. We did see some small marine life and a turtle that was being pushed back from the waves.
All in all, we loved this place and it was a great way to start the vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona