We put a deposit on two rooms 3 months prior to our arrival. 4 weeks prior to our arrival we got an email saying that the Aston Kona by the Sea was overbooked and we were being moved to an associated Aston resort which had very poor reviews. Given the poor reviews, I said that the alternate was not acceptable, so they found a third resort for us to stay which was acceptable to both us and the management of Kona by the Sea. We had confirmed reservations at this resort.
The saga continues...2-½ weeks prior to our arrival we got another email saying that the Aston Kona by the Sea suddenly had rooms for us again, and they had cancelled our reservation at the third location. My suspicion is that the initial plan to move us to their associated, poorly rated resort was an attempt to fill that resort. When we refused to go there, I suspect some other poor customer was coerced to move their reservation from Kona by the Sea.
We cancelled our reservation with this company. I would not trust them and will not do business here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona