Lets start off by saying this is the first time I have ever paid more for an ocean front room. This place really made me regret it. We paid for a one bedroom oceanfront room. The place overbooked that and didn't tell us. We checked in and were told they were not ready. We had to wait hours to finally get our room. We finally get in and find ourselves in a two bedroom room. The view was of a 21foot wall on the right, the other half of the resort on the left and about 40feet of shore line. You could see out to the ocean if you leaned out over the railing and looked around the 21 foot wall, otherwise it was a view of the the waves on the shoreline. That is not oceanfront. Oceanfront is a 180degree view of the ocean or at least facing the ocean. I called the front desk. They said they didn't have the room we booked. I went and spoke to the desk. They said the room was ocean front. Later in the week I spoke to owners. Yes this is a condo with year round residents. I was told by two of them that my room was ocean view. Not ocean front. I was a 5 rooms over from the ocean. My room was for sale. I talked to the listing agent. He confirmed it was only a ocean view, not an ocean front room. I tried to get refunded the difference and Aston refused.
The room was nice. It was missing a blender. Everything else was pretty nice.
You have to pay for internet. When it went down they staff wanted me to sit in the room for 2 hours waiting for a repair person.
Two nights a week the "Yacht Club" descends and takes over the place.
You have to walk through the parking garage to get to the pool. You have to do the same when using the BBQ's. They would not light half the time. They were out of propane at times.
The pool was nice. The jacuzzi was fun. The front area was nice.
The only complaint I really had was with staff and the failure to get to enjoy what I paid for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona