Wonderful setting. Complete condos, so large rooms, lots of space and full kitchen. Patio directly overlooking the ocean. Very pretty view in the mornings. I would have stayed longer.
I didn't realize that there was no restaurant anywhere near the hotel, so the first morning was a little bit of a shock. They didn't think to mention that when we checked in. We only ate breakfast in that area, so by the second morning we had bought some coffee and rolls to eat.
The shuttle bus only goes by the hotel hourly (in both directions), so we had to take taxis a couple times.
Nothing to do there except relax (horrors!) by the ocean. No beach; just lava rocks. But they have lounges all over the ocean front, so it was very pleasant.
We spent most of the time away from the hotel. Lots of good restaurants at Kailua-Kona. And there's lots of things to see and do there.
Staff not terribly helpful. It's really a place to stay; their responsibility seemed to be to take care of the place, not the residents. But we didn't plan to do much there anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, oceanfront resort with breathtaking views and spacious suites. This condominium resort fronts a magnificent rocky shoreline with its own sandy lounging area, outdoor barbecue facilities and more. Located just south of historic Kailua-Kona with its charming shops, dining and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Kona by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Kona Sea
- Resortquest Kona Sea
- Kona By The Sea
- Aston Kona By The Sea Hawaii/Kailua-Kona