“Bowling once a year is GREAT!”
Review of KBXtreme

KBXtreme
More attraction details
Owner description: KBXtreme Family Entertainment Center in Kailua-Kona, HI - covering all your entertainment needs! We have bowling, arcade games, pool, karaoke, restaurant, and sports bar. Join us for concerts and special events! Great place for meetings and parties – contact us for more information. Open 7 days a week.
Wailuku, Hawaii
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Bowling once a year is GREAT!”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We don't have any bowling alleys here on Maui, so every year when our ward visits the LDS Kona Hawaii Temple, we ALWAYS go bowling. Great value and the service is excellent. The ladies that work the lanes are very professional and patient, even with our huge group of kids, youth, and adults. Very spacious and well kept facility. Always a good time. Aloha

1 Thank Waisaipapa
Sumlady79, Public Relations Manager at KBXtreme, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share our facility with your fellow Trip Advisors! We are so happy to hear that you had a good time and that the service was good. Thanks for coming to see us every year, we look forward to your next visit.

Hilo, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love it!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Here in hilo we no longer have a bowling alley, and even when we did, it really wasn't to great, KBXTREME! Omg! Love the games! Bowling was awesome and the lounge feel to it is awesome! Sitting area is perfect! And you gets tickets when you bowl! Bowling price is decent! How cool is that! Bar is awesome! Last time I visited I had ordered a Shirley temple 4.95 which was amazing! And this past June visit I ordered their flirty Shirley for 6.75 I believe and it was awesome! Fruity and cherry but I loved it! Definitely my favorite place to go when I want to play, bowl, and drink!

1 Thank Kgabuat92
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a 5 star review! We have hundreds of visitors every week and strive for everyone to have an awesome experience. I'm so glad you liked our new "Flirty Shirley" signature cocktail. We are working on adding more signature cocktails that are just as sweet. Thanks for supporting your local Big Island business!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“DO NOT use your credit card at the bar!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

What ever you do, DO NOT use your card to buy anything at the bar!!!

We went there for a bowling party, and I bought a flirty temple, and a soda for the husband, the bill was 4.75 and i gave them $2 tip. the soda was bad so my husband returned it for a new one. Everything was okay, the girls at the bar were very friendly. No problems at all.

When I went to work the next day, my co-worker told me to check my credit card because they were charged $5 extra for 2 beers. So I looked in mine, nothing out of the ordinary.

But after a day, I was balancing my checkbook, I saw that they also charged me $5!!! My advice, do not use your credit card, bring cash and enjoy!!!

3 Thank localwahine
Sumlady79, Public Relations Manager at KBXtreme, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Aloha! The $5 is a standard hold on all bar tabs. It is not an actual charge. Your bank should show it as "pending" though different banks handle it differently. You will not be charged this amount. Depending on your bank, it will release in 1-2 business days. Please let us know if your bank does not release the $5 pending amount by calling us at 808.326.2695 or e-mailing info@kbxtreme.com. We are so sorry that this made your visit less enjoyable and will be looking into it further.
Raleigh
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Dinner at the bowling alley”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had dinner at Chubby's in the bowling alley one night with some friends and their children. The food was really good and the portions are huge. I was very surprised by the variety available. It was definitely the best bowling alley restaurant I have been to. After dinner we visited the arcade. There were lots of machines out of order, but that is apparently not unusual according to our friends who go there a lot. I gather repairs/parts come from the mainland. We didn't bowl, but it looked like a fun place to do it.

Visited May 2014
We are so glad you had a nice time at the center! You are right about the parts on back order from the mainland. It can be a slow process. We hope you found some games that you enjoyed and we hope to see you again, soon!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had bad service from workers at KBXtreme .”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My fiance, myself and a friend of ours was bowling at "KBXtreme" and one of the workers goes up to my fiance and starts threating him (what kind of system do they have going on?) Stating that he should do certian things before he shuts off our game! Im sorry we didnt pay for bad service so stop giving it to us. We paid for a unlimited game from 9-1 and we decided to play for the whole 4 hours. This will not be the last time they hear from me!! My name is sarah

Visited January 2014
1 Thank sarahmasi
Sumlady79, Public Relations Manager at KBXtreme, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Aloha! I am so sorry to hear that you and your fiance had a bad experience. I can assure you that KBXtreme, as Hawaii's Premier Family Entertainment Center, takes great pride in our high ratings and repeat customers, and I will be looking into your problem during the late night unlimited bowling from 9pm-1am for $15. I am a little bit unclear from your review what the issue is, so I will check in with our staff, but please feel free to clarify or e-mail me at info@kbxtreme.com. You may also call and ask for the manager on shift. Hopefully we can resolve your issue and you might consider giving us another try. Mahalo!