“Great Fun”

and up
Zodiac Raft and Snorkel Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captain Zodiac has entertained guests for over 42 years on our exciting 24-foot Zodiac rafts. You will see the rugged coastline up close as you explore a sea cave and see exposed lava tubes, blowholes and archways. You will snorkel in the crystal clear waters of Kealakekua Bay Marine preserve viewing over 150 varieties of fish. You must keep a sharp eye out for pods of dolphins, whales and other marine mammals that come close to our rafts. The Zodiac ride is fast, fun and educational! You will hear about the Hawaiian history of the area, learn about marine life behaviors and learn the island’s geology.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Went out with Collin and Budha. You can tell both of these guys like their jobs and are committed to showing their clients a great time. We saw humpback and pilot whales. We also saw spinner dolphins and goats. The boat ride was fast and fun. Budha snorkeld with us and showed us a ton of sea life.

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"sea life"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked this trip as part of our honeymoon and had a total blast! We went on March 12 and the whales were still very active as the guides informed us they usually are until April. I enjoyed the dolphins most of all. I lost count of how many came right up to the raft and did spins in front of us. Captain Paul and his son Adam were our guides, but I'm sure all the guides are good. We were lucky it was a nice, sunny day as the wind can be a little chilly on the raft. They will provide noodles if you aren't comfortable with snorkeling and they provided water and snacks as well. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone seeking a little adventure in Kona.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We were visiting the Kona Coast for a annual work vacation and had the option of a few different excursions. We jumped at the opportunity to spend the day snorkeling and riding a raft, but really didn't realize what we were getting into. Upon our arrival we met our captain, Paul. He and his partner Kristen were so helpful and attentive to everyone's needs. During the ride out we stopped for some whale and dolphin watching. Captain Paul was a wealth of knowledge and explained all kinds of fun facts and details about the island and wildlife. After the phenomenal snorkeling, we explored the coastal caves and formations which had to be one of the best parts. Kristen and Paul educated us on the island's history and people. The whole tour was simply a pleasure and we will be back for sure. The sights, the snorkeling, the wildlife and the crew were outstanding. Thank you for a great day! We will always remember this experience!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Our guides Kris and Kayleb (SP) welcomed us on board the "Princess" and we set off for an amazing trip. First the safety briefing and then out into the open ocean for some whale watching. With the engines off, the ocean is a quiet place until the whales come for a visit. We saw several Pacific Humpback whales and two pods of dolphins. Our guides were just as excited to see the whales as the others in the zodiac. The snorkeling was excellent as our guides provided everything required for the many first timers. Fresh cut pineapple and oranges were provided after the swim as well as chips, cookies, soda and water. On the way back, the fast paced ride near the shore was a thrill. Kris and Kayleb (SP) were informative and personable. If we ever get back to Kona this excursion is a must do.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Our guides, Collin "ET" (explained later) and Brent "Buddha" seated and instructed us how to place our feet under the ropes and hold on. Since I am 72, I was a little nervous, but they took care of me. I had the Cadillac seat directly behind Captain Collin. We boated slowly out into the bay, so that the dolphins and whales were not too disturbed. We paused and Collin dropped the sonar into the ocean and the singlng whale was incredible. I have never heard so many different sounds. Then we moved on to the snorkeling bay. The native dolphins were circling and we had really great views. Everyone was experienced snorkelers, so they were in immediately. I was nervous, but Collin promised I would be snorkeling in 10 minutes. He was correct! And, I loved it! So, I named him "Extraordinary Teacher" - ET for short! When we finished, the waves had come up and the ride back was very salty, sunny, windy.and bumpy.
Upon returning to the ship I saw that I had been salted, sunburned and windburned. The subsequent face peel actually tightened my face after it peeled! So, this trip was exceptional and you can also get a free cosmetic face peel! I would definitely recommend this trip to everyone. PS. They also provided water, drinks and snacks after the snorkeling - a welcome treat!