“Kona seaside hotel”
Review of Kona Seaside Hotel

Kona Seaside Hotel
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Kailua-Kona
Reviewed January 26, 2005

Spent seven nites at the seaside hotel in Kona. Upon check-in, I was informed there was a $5:00 dollar a day charge for parking. Last year was free, or I could use the free town parking in the next lot, though between 4:00 and 8:00 pm. the lot is full. I paid. The superior room had a small refridgerator and cable t.v. I asked for a couresty pack of paper plates, cups, bowls, and plastic utensils and recieved them at no charge. I thought that was pretty classy. I was also offered the use of a microwave oven delivered to my room, which I declined.
The seaside also has kitchenete units, ideal for families at a slightly higher cost.
The hotel has two pools and a nice lobby. The grounds and rooms are kept immaculate and clean. The restaurant has good food- try the Ono fish and chip dinner for about $ 9:00 dollars. The waitress asked how everything was, and I commented the shrimp cocktail was all cocktail sauce and not as advertised- no cubumber, crabmeat or other things, I had it last year and it was spectacular. She said "um" and just walked away and blew me off. She also Blew about $3:00 dollars off her tip. Overall, the place is great, numerous bars and restaurants are a 5 min. walk. I paid app. 75:00 nite and recieved the seven th. nite free., these prices are thru a travel agent. On arrival, be sure to ask for the $ 3:00 dollar food coupon for their restaurant.

20  Thank clammerdave
Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed January 22, 2005

Wife and I arrived late. 2am. Had reservation. Plane delayed. Raining very hard. Was told I had to put parking sticker in car. As exiting lobby fell very hard on sloping wet/shiny tiles, no mats, no signs down...Hit head on low lava rock wall. Bad cut on top of head, large swelling by right eye...Desk clerk vanished !! The only person that came to my assistance was an elderly hotel security guard. He put 'wet floor' sign down and brought me bucket of ice which I used to take down swelling...No one else showed any concern. We were booked to leave the very next morning. Doctor back home told me "if I did not have a hat on I would be dead or at least paralised. as swelling area was where main artery was to brain". I wrote to hotel vice president and hotel direct explaining everything, they did not reply. They most certainly do not have any Aloha spirit as they claim. Also found room quite run down.

11  Thank charman6969
Reviewed January 15, 2005

10  Thank lizzygirl
Reviewed January 8, 2005

8  Thank SailorHiker
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2005

After reading some of the reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. What I found was a very clean, quiet room. The yard is well maintained and the location is great also. The staff could probably be a little friendlier. Ask for a room off of the busy street. Parking is the one real problem that I found. Also, the rental car package is hard to beat. For an extra $10/night you can get a car.

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2004

WE got what we paid for and it met our needs as we were not in the room a lot. We were very happy with
our room view #3010 where we could see the ocean and the garden. Maid service was very good. Items
that could be improved. Need a couple of sitting
chairs in room. just barely enough storage space for
clothes. Parking could be a problem if you don't pay
the $5 a nite parking fee, but its a resort town and
there are a lot of people to accomodate. All in all I
would stay here again December 2004

5  Thank James T
A TripAdvisor Member
Lake Forest, CA
Reviewed October 17, 2004

A very clean, comfortable budget hotel. The staff was friendly and responsive to our requests. I've stayed at the Sea and Sand hotels in Kauai, Maui, Hilo and Kona, and all are top picks for the budget traveler.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member