Having done a great deal of traveling over the last 40 years,and living reasonably well in NYC, I am fairly discerning about hotels. I must say this place was simply fabulous.
The room we had was lovely, with a double sink, a jacuzzi and two showers, one of them outdoors ( kinda) and surrounded by orchids and lava walls. I am a major "shower buff", this one gets the biscuit . Ask for a room on the first floor, which have the outdoor showers.
The service was superb, attention to every detail in every way. To be fair , they are a little slow but.....we were not running anywhere, and the leisurely service was actually helpful in that it got us to relax even more. The staff was helpful and friendly and it all added up to a lovely and relaxed time.
The food was superb We caught the surf and turf buffet which, although a bit expensive, represented great service. The food was terrific, plentiful and very well prepared.
The grounds are wonderful, the beach is great to swim in, and to sit by. The hotel provides you with cold towels, water and an occasional fruit treat.
There was a pool stocked with many different fish, among them eagle rays and snappers.....it was just outside our door and that was a real treat!
I am someone who needs to go to the gym and I fight going, though the adult in me sees the need. What I need is a gym facility like Hualalai! it was perfect....the lap pool was hardly used and I swam to my heart's content, the gym equipment was great and they do have organized activities for adults ( spinning, walking, yoga etc.) but even without it , it was great. The best part is the reward at the end.....an outdoor jaccuzi, outdoor showers festooned with orchids, a steam and sauna, and all you need to come back to the room smelling like a rose( LOL).
The resort is abit expensive bu t I look forward to going back there.
If you can afford it .....enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona