3,402 results
All reviews outdoor shower king's pond palm grove eagle ray swim up bar cultural center beach tree pool golf course ulu restaurant adult pool the big island cold towels quiet pool moment you arrive beach house ice water our honeymoon
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

In need of a getaway, FSH offered a Perfect balance of beauty, luxury, activity and relaxation. Fantastic on property food options (loves the harvest dinner) and amazing customer service throughout our stay!

Activities were well organized and just fun. Snorkeling, paddle boarding, Etc.

Truly worldclass. Can't wait to return!!

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights with our two kids (10 & 6) mid August. The resort is stunning, spread out over more than 30 acres of landscaped gardens, golf, and amazing ocean views.

For me, the pools are the highlight of this resort: family fun pool, quiet family pool, adult only pool, 25m lap pool (yay!!), and a saltwater fish pool. All this plus the beach. With turtles. Seriously. And a marine biologist on staff for the fish pool.

No issues finding a lounge chair here because the staff is there to help you get settled with towels, ice water and whatever you would like to order brought to you.

Want to snorkel? They bring it to you with free gear at Kings pond with literally thousands of fish. Our kids were thrilled and I appreciated being able to watch them from a shaded lounge chair while they swam.

Accommodation is excellent if a tad compact. Twice daily housekeeping keeps it manageable however. We enjoyed the outdoor lava shower and back door terrace opening to the lawn where the kids could play.

The kids were welcomed with stuffed toy lizards and bubbles that they played with on the lawn outside our door. They loved the kids clubs. I loved that they loved the kids clubs.

Easiest, most time efficient checkout process that I have ever seen. There's an app ;-).

I will say that it's expensive, esp. the food, but I found that most of our meals in Hawaii were more expensive than other vacation destinations.

Bottom line: if you're looking for a resort that will give your family the gift of time, this is the place to go.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Momandajob
Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely the best with regard to service, ambiance, layout, pools, restaurants, jogging path, ocean view literally on the water, golf course is the best, spa is fantastic and fitness center is the best I have ever used. Expensive adult beverages, there is s general store, food is excellent great chefs, bars have fun bartenders, great sunsets, breakfast on the waters edge with a full buffet and smoothies are $$ extra. Children love it here. We are experiencing hot temps so pack light clothes as evenings have been warmer than we like. Your ice melts really fast, we leave Sunday hoping for a cool down. Best menu item is their famous Bon Bon's so good after a meal and the temperature is warm. Food menus are very expensive, at least food is delicious. Enjoy.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Sharoninpositano
Reviewed August 24, 2016

It seemed like the staff knew what I wanted before I did! This place has amazing service, and an incredible golf course. We loved them both. One caution - the beach is not that inviting from a swimming perspective. The grounds are fantastic and make up for that. But if you are going for a swim at the beach vacation, it's not the ideal place for that. This place is about service, golf, and spectacular grounds.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Matt T
Reviewed August 24, 2016

Haulalai is an expensive resort and the room I was in needed updating! The location of the resort and the overall resort facilities are awesome! The three pools, golf, gym and Tennis facilites are very nice. The restuarants are a little pricey but the food selection could be better in my opinion.

Room tip: If you have children then stay in the Sea Shell Room Area of the Resort
  • Trip type: Traveled with family