Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)
3,064 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerking's pondpalm groveeagle rayswim up barcultural centerbeach tree poolgolf courseulu restaurantadult poolcold towelsthe big islandquiet poolmoment you arrivebeach houseice waterour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed there for a wedding, and the weeklong stay was incredible. From the moment we checked in (the greeters offer you a cool towel, cold mai tai, and chilled piece of pineapple while you fill in the paperwork), to the moment we checked out, we felt welcomed and relaxed. Within a few minutes, every member of staff called us by our names, and chatted to us about the phenomenal location and history of the resort. There are several pools, each different in nature and appeal (kid friendly, adults only, large groups, snorkeling, etc), with each having either swim up bars or attentive staff taking drink orders. You can even have a massage by the pool. The landscaping is mature and lush. The sports activities are varied and well thought out for adults and children. The rooms were fantastic - both in size and views. The cultural center offers a fantastic program - all free, teaching ukelele playing, lei making, learning to speak Hawaiian, etc. Didn't play golf, but heard from friends staying there that the course is forgiving and unhurried. The wedding ceremony arranged by the resort was phenomenal - chandeliers hanging from palm trees, cocktails and appetizers served while photographs taken, the officiator was an authentic Hawaiian spiritual guide, and made the experience one of a kind.

Room Tip: If you are a couple, take the rooms overlooking the Palm Grove pool - adults only. If you have a family, then head more to the north of the resort.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Greetings from Hualalai!

I am happy to hear that your week-long stay at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai was "incredible." It appears that you experienced a lot that our resort has to offer, but you must return to play golf. The course is beautiful with just the right amount of challenge. Weddings are always joyful occasions and (I might be a bit biased) but I think Hualalai is an ideal, romantic spot to start a married life.

We hope you will return again and again as a wedding guest or for a relaxing vacation. Please let me know if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

With warmest aloha,

Rheba Crane
Executive Administrative Assistant

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel and all rooms are spacious and got the best views of ocean the check in procedure was very smooth with flower greeting ... When in four seasons you will experience nice surprises :) ulus dinner was the best , beach is very nice and good snorkeling in the pond

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed in Four Seasons Hualalai during my honeymoon in July 2012. It was my first stay at Four Seasons, and we were deeply impressed at the warm hospitality of the staff and the beautiful setting of the resort property.

The resort is situated on an extensive area, encompassing the resort and also the golf course. In order to reach the hotel lobby, you need to drive more than 5 minutes from the hotel entrance gate. The resort has beautiful swimming pools and also a fish pond, where the guests can snorkel and swim with fish living in the pond. Furthermore, once you check-in, you get the opportunity to tour the property in a golf cart, with the staff explaining the lay-out in detail.

We were upgraded to a premium ocean view room as it was our honeymoon, and we could feel the sea breeze and see the waves of the Pacific Ocean. We could also enjoy the view of the main swimming pool.

The hotel breakfast buffet was the best I have ever experienced! I have experienced many high-end hotels in Korea and abroad but I could say Four Seasons in Big Island offered the best breakfast buffet. So many types of tropical and exotic fresh fruit juice were served with a kona-bean coffee, as well as extensive range of meals which I could not try in a single meal.

Due to my experience, I would definitely choose Four Seasons for any special occasions, going forward.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kkamwon
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed the last 6 days of our honeymoon at this resort and what can I say... AMAZING!
The landscape is breathtaking, the rooms are exceptional and the service is flawless.
We had an unforgettable experience and I couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bruno M

Aloha from Hualalai!

I am so happy to hear that you spent the last 6 days of your honeymoon here at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai and that you carried a beautiful memory home with you. We hope you will visit with us often in the months and years to come, perhaps to celebrate each wedding anniversary.

With warmest aloha,

Rheba Crane
Executive Administrative Assistant

Reviewed August 11, 2014

There is really no other way to describe this Four Seasons. We thought there couldn't be a 4S that exceeded our experience in Costa Rica, but the Hualalai location did! The food was fantastic, drinks superb, staff at the pools/restaurants/spa/check-in super-friendly. And the King's Pond was just as exciting and fun as we remember it being 15 years ago. There really is something for everyone here - from the toddler pool with sprinklers and kids' pool with hot tub, to the basketball court, rock climbing wall and the best hotel gym I've ever seen, we were so sad to leave. If Kona Village ever gets back up and running, we will have a hard time deciding between which resort to book!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family