This was my second time at Hualalai and it somehow was better than the first. Everything was perfect, from the reception, to the cleanliness of the room, to the friendly staff and the food. When you stay at a place like this is makes you want to change all your touring plans and just sit and enjoy this magnificent resort. I had a ocean view room on the first floor which allowed me quick access (literally steps) to the adult pool, which has an amazing view of the ocean. I left my sliding doors open at night and could hear the crashing waves, nothing more peaceful. I dont know where they find their people, or how they train them, but everyone I encountered from the turn down service person to the bartenders at Beach Tree, they are uniformly friendly and helpful. In fact, when I first got there I decided I wanted to try an find my room on my own and initially refused the golf cart to the room. I hate to admit it but I got a little lost and the person delivering room service stopped his cart and offered to take me to my room (which I agreed to). This was the first time I used their spa services and they were top notch. This resort is also perfectly situated for watching the sunset, whether on the beach or at their beachfront restaurants, the view is simply amazing. If you are staying there, check the sunset time and plan at least one day to view this, you wont regret it.
It is also important to note how clean the room was, as well as every other part of the resort. This is my number one priority when traveling and this place is so clean it seems almost brand new. Also, they have the most comfortable beds Ive every slept on at any resort.
Hualalai was so tremendous we are already planning another trip back.
The only downside to this property, which others have mentioned, but it bares repeating, is that although it is very beautiful and close, the beach is simply just not swim friendly, especially if you have kids. The resort makes up for this with an abundance of beautiful pools so this should not be a huge problem but thought I'd throw this out there to confirm what others have said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona