My wife and I recently spent the first leg of our Honeymoon at Hualalai in the beginning of October. I did a great deal of research in selecting the hotels and and based on the reviews I had a feeling we were in a for a real treat here on the Big Island with the Four Seasons, but I couldnt have imagine our introduction to the Four Seasons culture quite like this. Let me say that the resort is absolutely stunning...meticulously manicured and landscaped; the design incorporating the natural lay of the land with the lava rocks and native flora is outrageous. It's very strange b/c there is definitely a positive energy coming from the place..the resort feels like you're in a prehistoric jungle with all the amenities of the 21st century. The place is lit by tiki torches at night and you feel like youre on an episode of Survivor or Temptation Island! Haha
From the moment you step foot to the minute you leave you really do feel like you are part of their "family" and are a part of soemthing special. We were upgraded to an ocean-view room overlooking King's Pond which was perfect!! Spetacular pond and ocean view while still providing the privacy we desired. The room is very big w/ a littel lanai and we had the oudoor garden shower (def a MUST!) and earth-toned interior is very soothing.
The restaurants are all awesome as we at at all three. The Beach Tree pool and Serenty Pools are fantastic...the bar by the adults only Serenity Pool has its own herb garden which is used in making all the specialty drinks (think fresh blueberries and mint muttled in your blueberry mojito...goddamn it was good!)
The Spa was amazing we had a couples massage for an hour and it was pure heaven.. The gym/spa amenities were all stellar and now I know why its ranked as a top spa worldwide.
AND now, onto the SERVICE. All other hotels should send their staff here to see what service is all about. The housekeepers and groundscrew and everyone says "Aloha" with a smile and MEANS it...they truly love working here. The managment is the best Ive ever encountered and the completely bend over backwards and do thoughtful things to personlaize your stay. Example: shout out to Damon, the resort activities manager (the man!) -- there were alot of couples on their honeymoon while we were staying and he organized a Cocktail Hour Meet & Greet for all the couples!! So we got to meet some really nice people from all over the country and even made some new friends too! We also were invited to a Managers reception where we got interact with all the top managers of the resort...great meeting Florian (go Bayern!) -- people like him who are so friendly and really make the resort what it is b/c they genuinely value real live feedback and then implement it!
This leg of our trip stood out, far and above, the other islands (we did stay at FS Maui, but it wasnt even a comparison)..and our experience already has us planning a trip for one of our anniversaries. It is VERY expensive, but what you get in return far outweighs the monetary amount associated with it...memories to last a lfetime and will keep you coming back for more. I cant wait to be a part of the Hualalai "family" again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona