Having stayed at a few Four Seasons Resorts this would have to be my pick. Yes, it has all the usual amazing service around the hotel and poolside that you grow to love from Four Seasons, but here they cater for families on a whole new level. The resort is spread out so although you know it's full it never feels overcrowded. The only time was at breakfast where most days we waited for about 5 minutes for a table to be ready.
I have to say the buffet breakfast is one of the best we have ever enjoyed with great variety and the freshest foods on offer. The restaurants were all very good and varied, with the only minor comment being that the kids menu was fairly basic and bland, without any variation. Our kids ended up ordering from the adult menu.
Even though we spent a week at this amazing resort there were so many things our children didn't get to enjoy as the choices are endless. The favorites were walking along the coast in the mornings and seeing turtles resting on the rocks, snorkeling in the Kings Pond with the fish and rays, Luau, arts and craft activities, sports activities, spa and yoga sessions. The activities offered to the children was well catered for their ages of 10 & 11 years which is unusual as most hotels seem to focus on the younger children only. Yes there are lots of kids but due to the layout there is always somewhere to find a quiet spot if needed, including adult pools and isolated bays a few minutes walk away.
Ive noticed that other reviews have mentioned the extra cost with everything and yes this is true- but you get what you pay for and you do not have to choose the extra activities. Thank you to all the staff for making our trip amazing - we are looking forward to another stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Prestigia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona