“I love this hotel”

Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kailua-Kona
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I recently got back from a wonderful stay at Four Seasons. This is by far the nicest hotel I've stayed at. Four Seasons Maui was also nice but Hualalai was so much better in terms of setting and overall look and feel. Hualalai makes you feel like you are in paradise. Although Big Island wasn't my most favorite out of the Hawaiian Islands, I would go back to Big Island just to stay at this hotel. I loved it so much that I am seriously considering having a destination wedding there next year. Service was also great -- everyone was so friendly. We were also lucky enough to have our ocean view room upgraded to prime ocean view suite. The balcony was so huge that there were days I sunned myself there instead of the beach (and the views from balcony were great). The only bad thing is, I was spoiled at Four Seasons Hualalai and now the bar is set high and all hotels I stay at out will be compared to this. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LouieC326
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Greetings from Hualalai!

We are basking in the praise you heaped on our resort. I agree with you that visiting Hualalai is pretty close to being in paradise. We hope you will choose to be married here next year when we will do our best to help you build more great memories.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I cannot begin to explain how beautiful this property is and their attention to detail is second to none. As a corporate event planner, I would not hesitate to recommend this property to any group large or small. It will be the easiest program you have ever done they think of everything before you even get a chance to ask about it. I look forward to going back with my family!
Mahalo to my Four Seasons Hualalai Ohana!!

Room Tip: You will be hard pressed to find a bad room here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Aloha from Hualalai,

Your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai 'ohana sends you our warmest greetings! What lovely compliments you paid us in your review - mahalo! We look foward to welcoming you back with your family for a true vacation - no work involved!

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you. Here's a tropical breeze blowing your way!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is an excellent resort in every way. The service is particularly outstanding from all staff. In terms of history, beauty and location also it is v good. It just made me feel relaxed upon arrival.Wish to thank the Guest Services Manager for going the extra mile to make my stay perfect.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from Hualalai!

We are so happy to hear that you were relaxed as soon as you arrived at our resort. I am also happy to hear that our Guest Services Manager went the extra mile to ensure a lovely visit for you.

We hope you will return many times in the months and years to come. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel has the best service I have ever experienced. It's expensive, and you pay for it - but the staff is very well trained on being attentive to their guests. If you're walking a path at night a a staffer is out in a golf cart, they immediately pull over the turn off thir lights as they wait for you to pass. If you are on the beach, they will visit you often to refresh your ice water and provide clean towels. Rooms were clearn and comfortable. Food was top-notch. But breakfast buffet will run you $35 each so you may want to use the in-room fridge to keep some simple snack items on hand.

Room Tip: All rooms face te ocean. If you want to walk-out to the ocean - you'll need to specify. I'...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Greetings from Hualalai!

You are so correct when you say "It's all about the service." We are blessed to have a wonderful staff who are so willing to extend their aloha and I am pleased to hear that you were the happy recipients! Thank you (mahalo) for your positive feedback. We hope you will return many times in the months and years to come when we will do our best to help you build more happy memories.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I flew to Kona to stay at the four seasons with my adult children and about 50 friends for a birthday bash. We were greeted with a fresh flower lei and a Mai tai , then taken by golf cart to our suites and rooms. The rooms were fantastic . The rooms simply and elegantly appointed , very quiet with every amenity expected at a five star resort . The one bedroom suite was spacious with the best bathrooms ever ! Two separate bathrooms , one had a steam shower while the other had a soaking tub , separate standup shower and and outdoor lava shower! Ahhhhh . The pools are all wonderful , the cabanas on the beach a piece of heaven. And lets not forget the ever impressive kings pond brimming with colorful fish and snorkeling gear available to use. The entire staff was extremely pleasant, helpful and there to assure your stay is memorable and comfortable!
I highly recommend this resort, save your money and go, its four seasons so its really expensive but so worth the experience!
The food at every single restaurant is unsurpassed and by the way the local beef on Kona is the best Ive ever had and I live in the midwest!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Rheba C, Executive Office at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Greetings from Hualalai!

I am thrilled to hear that you and your family visited with us here at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai recently to attend a "birthday bash," and I am doubly thrilled that you built a beautiful memory. We are fortunate to have a wonderful staff and I am pleased to hear that you were the happy recipient of their aloha and that your accommodations were "fantastic."

We hope you will visit many times in the months and years to come, perhaps to celebrate other special occasions.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Incredible five nights in a suite with both a steam and outdoor shower! They think of everything, a book light next to the bed, four kinds of coffee creamer in the fridge, a toaster in the room, real candles. I'm spoiled forevermore by the service, food, staff and setting. So many pools (one pond for snorkeling and a lap pool) and a great beachside path where you can spot green turtles resting. Amazing!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Cdubba

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely comments regarding your recent stay here at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. I am delighed to hear that you are "spoiled forevermore." We accomplished our goal!

Please return many times in the months and years to come, whenever you need a little pampering in your life.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have thought about staying at the Four Seasons Hualalai for many years. But seeing that it was voted #1 Hotel in the World for 2013 by TripAdvisor members ended our indecision. What an honor, wow! We had to go! We booked an 8 night stay.

You can find fancier, pricier and more exotic places around the world to stay. But all things considered, this is one of the loveliest resorts we have ever experienced.

The main reason is the service. The personnel. Superb. Special thanks to Rheba, Florian and Gilles for making us feel so welcomed and appreciated. There are so many wonderful people that work there and I wish I had made a list of all of their names. But every valet, housekeeper, groundskeeper, gym attendant and concierge made us feel very special and we want to thank you all.

My husband unfortunately had business issues that arose unexpectedly during our stay. He needed a conference room, a computer and a conference call line. And this was needed at 5 am. Kent, the IT Director, was on top of it and bent over backwards to be sure my husband was comfortable with the set up and had everything he needed at his fingertips.

I also want to mention how great the golf staff is. My husband had the opportunity to play 2 18-hole rounds and also played 9 holes with the pro, Ken. The entire staff (cart attendants, starters and all the professionals) were absolutely fabulous.

We have stayed at the Four Seasons in Maui and that property is wonderful as well. But Four Seasons Hualalai was voted #1 in the world for good reason. It is a cut above. We will see you again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Aloha!!

You are so incredibly kind and gracious to mention not only me, but Florian, Gilles and Kent as well in your glowing review. Mahalo! As you discovered, we are quite fortunate to have a wonderful staff who are so willing to extend their aloha. We were overwhelmed and quite honored that the Trip Advisor voters named us #1 Hotel in the World for 2013, and we will do our very best to continue to provide excellent service and a beautiful facility for you and our valued guests to enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you back many times in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Executive Office

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kailua-Kona
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows
Hilton Waikoloa Village

Been to Four Seasons Resort Hualalai? Share your experiences!