Amazing experience here. Found it to be a great property. There are approx 35-40 individual bungalows with 4 hotel rooms per bldg - felt like a nice tropical resort as opposed to big box hotel like Maui Four Seasons. This hotel is a quick 15 min cab ride from KONA airport. Very easy access.
The property is spread out over many acres so even if the resort was busy you may not feel it. The adult pool area is great. Our trip this May was very quiet so there was never any difficulty finding pool chairs. The kids/family pool looked great too. The beach here is nice, but the ocean is not for swimming. The currents are pretty rough.
There are several restaurants on the property and during our 5 night stay we didn't leave the property once. We simply didn't feel a need to. The food was very good, albeit quite expensive. Don't miss the brunch buffet.
The Health Spa looked amazing. The Golf course looked amazing. They are getting $250pp for greens fees.
We booked a normal ocean view room. Upon checkin we asked if there were any discounted upgrades avail and there was. We got a $1750 room for $1350 / nt. Considering we were a part of the "5th night free" program it wasn't terribly offensive.
We had a one bedroom suite which had 42" flat screen tv in the living room, and a smaller flat panel in the bedroom. Comfortable bed / linens. Rooms are an 8.5 out of 10. Very adequate, but won't blow you away. Some people talk about this gimmicky indoor/outdoor shower the ground floor units have. Nothing special. Don't think you have to have it when booking.
We were told the property will undergo renovations slowly over the course of the coming year(s). One restaurant closing in SEPT for work to be done. I absolutely plan to go back to this hotel. Especially in May which seems nice and off-season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona