“A Belated Birthday Worth Waiting For!”

Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kailua-Kona
GreenLeadersGold level
Mililani
“A Belated Birthday Worth Waiting For!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Would save my Vegas money and spend it at your beautiful property! I normally wouldn't stay at a Four Seasons Hotel cause I couldn't afford it. But after this visit, all the money saved for a Vegas trip is worth spending it here. I went home well rested and enjoyed the surroundings of the property and the ocean sound brought back many memories of going to the beach while growing up. I realized how much I missed it since we live so far from the nearest public beach. I also loved having a pedicure and my daughter enjoyed the spa and a pedicure. Most of all the service was so awesome and we were just overwhelmed! And the idea of going green......wow! My favorite was the outdoor shower. If I could have more than two showers a day.....I would do it. I would recommend this property to all my family and friends who visit the Big Island. Thank you for the piece of birthday cake.....I made sure I too a picture. Thank you again......me ke aloha pumehana!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms so you can hear the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (817)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 11, 2012

In late September we returned for our annual/anniversary trip to Hualalai and were not disappointed. This time we had two young kids with us, as well as guests/friends who met us for 5 of our 10 day trip. This is at least our 16th stay at the resort and it was 99% excellent.

The rooms are excellent, and we paid the "upgraded" fee for an ocean view suite and the view and extra space was worth it for our family. One of the restaurants was closed for renovation during our 10 day stay and the Beach Tree was more than accommodating for breakfast and other meals. The Hualalai Grille is now a steak house and worth a try (we ate there twice).

The resort manager was ever/appropriately present and gracious.

Yes, you will pay $$$$ for excellent service, location, and meals, but if you want a first-rate Four Seasons experience, Hualalai is the choice. We spend 4 to 5 weeks a year in Hawaii and while we like the remoteness of Lanai, and the beaches of Maui, Hualalai will always be our favorite spot.

If you golf, the resort course at Hualali is "ok", and Sid the "cart guy" is truly the reason to play a round there. But, if you want to golf Manua Kea, Kukio and Nanea are the best courses on island.

Aloha!

Room Tip: The Sea Shel Pool area is best for famalies.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

First time at a Four Seasons, hands-down the most amazing experience with a hotel EVER! We were greeted at the gate by name, car valet parked, luggage taken to the room as we were escorted to a sitting room for the paperwork bit of it all. But not before enjoying a cool towel, fresh pineapple, and a mai-tai (that was quite strong) served in a coconut. We immediately felt welcomed, relaxed, and taken care of.

We were offered a tour of the property in a golf cart before being dropped at our room. The grounds are very spread out so you never feel crowded. With 5 pools and a beach, we never felt too-close-for-comfort to other guests. The fitness area was huge! lap pool, yoga center, cardio theater, free weights. There is also a Salt-water snorkle tank with no waves and free equipment. Demonstrations with sea creatures for kids, but super interesting for adults too. 4 restaurants including a sushi bar open late and of course, room service 24/7. Even after seeing the entire resort, our room was still breathtaking! An ocean-front suite, worth the splurge. Outdoor lava rock shower, private lanai, and the sound of the ocean to put me to sleep :) on super comfortable king size beds. Free coffee, Tea and Banana bread in the rooms. yum!

Breakfast buffet, although expensive at $35, but amazing. Bloody Mary was the best I'd had. Every meal on the resort was delicious, though we couldn't afford to have every meal there. Fresh towels and ice water the minute you sit down by any pool or the beach. Concierge is very helpful with anything you need, off-resort dining recommendations, new robes/towels, privacy when we needed it, chocolate covered strawberries on the house for the honeymoon, you name it! They were extrememly accomodating every step of the way.

5/5 stars in every way possible. Yes, expensive, but because they are the best. Excellence all the way.

Room Tip: The adult-only infinite pool was always quiet, a good place to have a room next to. But honestly, it...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is my favorite hotel. Period. I am sitting on my bed motivated to write this review because I am so impressed and happy. They recognized our anniversary with (we got a beautiful view ) and are helping to make it a exceptional trip. The management really makes you feel like a king

The front desk Team, and management, (all are good but I specifically wanted to thank Tony and Jason) are genuine, friendly, and rock solid professionals. The staff, at all levels, are on the ball and truly interested in making your stay the best it can be. The Staff has Class and the level of training is truly evident.

The rooms are perfect (the outdoor shower and nearby self service laundry rooms are great touches), the gym and spa are without equal, and the food is broke da mouth good.

The cocktails are outstanding as well. Fresh ingredients and creatively made. I had a Bloody Maria (tequila) at the swim up Pool Bar and it blew my mind.

I have stayed at most of the resorts up and down the Kohala Coast and some are good but the Haulalai is the Best. The best by far.

This is my third trip here and it gets better every time - I would not go elsewhere, ever.

Room Tip: All are great.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manteo, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Starting with leis and tropical fruit drinks in coconut shell cups at check in - its all Aloha! Our room overlooked the beach and snorkel pond. Waking up to the sound of the ocean waves was a real treat. All of the staff were pleasant and very helpful. Snorkeling in King's pond with its massive number and variety of tropical fish was an awesome experience. We stayed six days / five nights and were given extended checkout of 5 PM as our flight out was 8 PM. Aloha!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
new hampshire
Reviewed October 9, 2012

What else can I say. This resort is absolutely the best. Our room, just steps from the ocean, was perfect. Love the newly updated patios and cabana bed. Staff is excellent and we cant wait to return some day.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the kings pond area, sleep with doors open listening to the waves!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank onemoretime
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Probably the most amazing resort I have ever stayed at. You will never want to leave. Definitely splurge for a full ocean view room. The best pool is the main pool by the Beach Tree, which is also the best restaurant. Also, the walk south along the water in between the lava rock is spectacular. There are way too many terrific things to mention, so I will just say this: Hualalei will spoil you for any resort you ever stay at in the future. Simply fantastic!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kailua-Kona
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Four Seasons Resort Hualalai? Share your experiences!