Just returned from a great vacation at Four Seasons Hualalai. You see so many positive reviews of the resort it is hard to believe. But...believe them all. This a wonderful property that consistently exceeds expectations. The resort staff is amazing and does a wonderful job.
The hotel management team is excellent. I was originally concerned when we learned the Pah'uai Restaurant was closed for renovations during our stay. However, prior to our trip William the Assistant Food and Beverage manager called us at home and ensured there would be adequate dining options. I was impressed he made a personal call prior to our arrival and followed-up by speaking with us during our stay. He was absolutely correct the dining options were again excellent. We met some of the management team at the Manager's Cocktail Reception including Robert Whitlock and Reba. Extremely professional, genuinely interested in the quality of your stay and willing to help in any way.
We had dinner at the Hualalai Grill (2), Beach Tree (2) and Resident's Beach House. The meals were excellent with great food and service. We enjoyed the ambience and food at the Grill (request outside table), the Beach Tree was wonderful for dinner, drinks and the buffet breakfast is not to be missed. Steve the bartender at Beach Tree is great, friendly, makes tremendous drinks and has a world of local knowledge. Nick Mastracusa the Head Chief at The Beach Tree introduced himself on our last night and provided us with a wine tasting from Badia a Coltibuono. He went out of his way to make us comfortable and even offered to teach my wife to cook a sauce during our next stay.
Excellent View. Great to hear the surf at night. Housekeeping staff kept the room spotless. Very comfortable and well appointed.
Great. Pool and beach staff were excellent. Hotel reception and staff are the best.
Course is amazing. Great views and beautiful scenery. Challenging but playable.
We had nothing to complain about. Simply the best resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona