Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)
3,064 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerking's pondpalm groveeagle rayswim up barcultural centerbeach tree poolgolf courseulu restaurantadult poolcold towelsthe big islandquiet poolmoment you arrivebeach houseice waterour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The resort and it's staff are wonderful. Every staff person that we encountered during our stay was very pleasant and friendly. Accommodations were fabulous. Recovery from tsunami damage was amazing. Restaurants are very nice, from servants to managers, everyone was pleasant. We even got a gift from one of our frequent servants for being pleasant in return.

Only caveat that I can say is, I was somewhat disappointed in the golf course. The fairways, rough, scenery, pace of play were perfect. The golf staff was very pleasant and helpful. My issue was that the greens were fairly bare. Sandy, hard greens with a lot of missing grass shocked me, as the fairways were in perfect condition.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2011

This is about the best service I've ever experienced. Lying on a luxurious sun-lounger and feeling a little pink? Someone appears with a little dish of chilled Aloe Vera and the ubiquitous warm smile. The food is perfect and the location other-worldly in it's old lava flows. Pricey but you really get what you pay for. We will return for sure.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 18, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel right on the ocean. There are many pools and restaurants in this hotel. You can also enjoy amenities like child care and tennis. The rooms are very nice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Friends101USA
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My wife and I just returned to Hualalai for the first time since 2008. We were concerned about the effect of the recent Tsunami, that had caused some significant damage to the resort. Not to worry; they've done an excellent job of recovering, and in fact, they've improved the resort. We always liked the Palm Grove area because it was quiet, relatively secluded, and an excellent vista (there is literally nothing like watching a sunset across the Pacific, with the silhouetted palm trees in the foreground gently swaying). What's new is a useable infinity pool that is a significant upgrade from what was there in the past.

However, what really makes the place (aside from the beauty and restfulness) is the warmth, friendliness, and helpfulness of the staff--and I do mean everyone. They know that a major reason that guests repeatedly return is because of the way one feels pampered, and they really work hard to make a guest feel pampered and special--without overdoing it. The restaurants are great, and the breakfast brunches are truly memorable. My wife and I are alreay looking forward to going again!

Room Tip: Various deals. Give them a call.
Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnBritt
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This is a wonderful hotel with great rooms, great view and great restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple