“Awesome Experience”
Review of Honu Sports

Honu Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Unless otherwise specified all tours meet by the boat ramp on the north side of Honokohau Harbor.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is the first review I've ever written on TA but felt compelled to do so. Yesterday I did a two tank dive with Capt Lisa and she was awesome. Everything went flawlessly. She was totally prepared for me. I had only given my weight and height and she nailed the equipment (since I had none of my own with me).

The first dive during daylight she pointed out all kinds of things. We ran into a school of dolphins, saw octopus, many different kinds of eels, other unique things I hadn't seen before she took time to point out. We even saw two manta rays...which brings me to the second dive, the world famous Kona night dive.

I couldn't find words to describe afterward. The night dive was spectacular. A near religious experience. Imagine a manta with an 11ft wingspan brushing the top of your head as it flys over you..., that's exactly what happened!!! We saw 5 last night. All within reach at one point or another (of course, don't touch them!).

Highly recommended!!! Will definitely go again with Capt Lisa if she can fit me in...

Visited June 2013

Captain Cook, Hawaii
“Fantastic small operation”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We used Honu sports for a manta ray night dive. We definitely felt like we were the most fortunate divers/snorkelers in the cove that night. Lisa runs a great ship, and the personalized attention is appreciated. The other dives were generally larger operations with a lot of people. Honu sports gave us a much more personalized experience and that was appreciated.

San Jose, California
“Personalize diving experience”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Diving with Captain Lisa was a treat after a break in diving for over 20 years. She is extremely professional in every aspect of the dive, boat ,equipment, location to dive.
She take smaller group which allow a very personalize experience, she had a great knowledge of the fish and underwater world. I had the best time and would recommend from beginners to get a perfect introduction to diving to experience diver to found the best diving spot and share diving experience. Can't thanks her enough for the awesome dives

San Jose, California
“Great with experienced and first time divers!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Took two separate trips with Captain Lisa last week. For me it was my very first time diving, so I was slightly nervous. Lisa was an excellent teacher, which made me feel very comfortable, giving me the confidence to relax and enjoy my first few diving experiences. She not only took care of me, but made sure every one was safe and enjoying themselves. Captain Lisa's boat is the perfect size and she keeps the group size small which allows everyone a personalized experience. Highly, Highly recommend!!

california
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Operation”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went diving w Captain Lisa and her crew two days early May 2103. This is a well run operation and they have a great boat for diving the Kona coast. We will be back for sure. They are photographer friendly and flexible in general. Strong recommendation.