“Very nice welcome and dives !”
Review of Honu Sports

Honu Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Unless otherwise specified all tours meet by the boat ramp on the north side of Honokohau Harbor.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very nice and professional team :-)
The boat and the equipments are very clean and good quality.
They offer little sandwiches and fruits on the boat between the dives.
Lisa and her husband really pay attention in having fun and showing us funny and original things under water.
You can go diving with them blindly !

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We had the opportunity to spend two weeks diving with Lisa and Mike and the rest of her crew. Our goal was to complete our 400rd dive within this time. Not only did we achieve 401 dives we had the best trip ever. Honu Sports is an outstanding and class act dive experience. Lisa is a born teacher in helping you idenitfy what you are seeing as well as making sure you have a wonderful experience. Her enjoyment and excitement is catching for all divers. I especially like the fact it is not a "cattle" boat. Maximum number of divers is 6 plus the dive master. The sites they chose fit our experience level (master divers) and we saw many wonderful things. We especially like to find the smaller life - shrimp, nuderbranchs, octopus - as well as the larger Manta rays and this trip even a Tiger Shark. On a scale of 1 to 10 diving with Honu Sports is clearly a 10 plus.
Dini and Linda

1  Thank diniduclos
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We went on a trip in kailua -kona to see relatives. We took Honu Sports twice for our diving experience. Everybody really enjoyed the dive.Honu Sports are really a professionnel team.They took the time to explain everything we add to know, helped us with the equipement , gived us some advices, took pictures for us .I really felt comfortable with them.I highly recommend HonuSsports for your diving experience in Hawaii.Thank you Honu Sports.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We heard about it, we DID IT!! The whole trip was excellant right from the start. Lisa was there early, got set up and was very welcoming.Very helpful with technology and the boat is a great size for small, intimate groups. We had scuba and snorkel people on board and all were treated special. Ray the dive master of our trip gave the scuba people perfect guidance and was so professional in his time with us, on the water & off. Lisa has a great friendly persona and just the right knowledge base to help us enjoy every minute of the trip. The gear was top notch and the boat well set up.If you want a special memory then this company will make it come true.
Strike one off our "bucket list" Yahoo!!

Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I spent yesterday afternoon with two of our friends on a Scuba/snorkel cruise with Lisa and Ray and it could not have been a better experience. Our friends are Scuba certified so they spent most off the time at the bottom of the ocean while my wife and I stayed near the surface and snorkeled the entire time. I can't speak of the Scuba experience other than to say that our friends are ranting and raving about what a great time it was, and they have the pictures to prove it. Lisa led them on their first official dive and took pictures the entire time, and by the time we all woke up this morning sher had already emailed over some of the photos (which is very impressive considering the trip ended after 9pm last night and we know that Lisa and Ray had to stay at the marina for at least another hour to pull the boat out of the water and clean all of the gear). Speaking of the gear - Lisa had everything we could have needed. We brought our own masks and fins, but the fins we brought for my wife turned out to be too big so Lisa set her up with a pair that fit perfectly. She also provided each of us with a high-powered underwater flashlight for the night dive into Manta Ray Heaven. Ultimately, I was most impressed by the fact that she had wetsuits to fit everyone in our group, including a portly fellow such as myself.

While our friends took off with Lisa for their first daytime scuba-dive my wife stayed on the boat to catch some sun and enjoy a light lunch while I enjoyed snorkeling. They let me dive right off the side of the boat as much as I wanted, and didn't force me to stay right near the boat as I snorkeled around the bay. It was much less confining than it seemed to be for the other boats in the area that had anywhere from 10 to 30 passengers, and the fact that there were only 6 of us on the boat meant it was a very personal experience, which we all appreciated.

If I had the time I could write about the nighttime snorkel in Manta Ray Heaven for another couple hours, but I'll keep it short and say this - it is an experience that nobody should miss. I really felt like I was watching a movie the entire time because the Manta Rays were huge and plentiful, and the colors provided by the underwater lights were breathtaking. I can't wait to recommend this trip to all of my friends and family as it can be enjoyed by people of any age. And the next time I find myself on the Big Island you can bet that I will be doing this again!