“The very best scuba diving!”

Jack's Diving Locker
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone needs some adventure in their lives! Jack's Diving Locker in Kailua-Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii is the place to go for that adventure. Join our experienced staff on one of our premier dive boats for two-tank dives, Advanced 2 & 3 tank scuba dive trips, Dolphin and Whale watches, the Pelagic Magic Night Dive and the world famous Manta Ray Night Dive and Snorkel! As a PADI 5 Star IDC Resort we have the Big Island's widest range of scuba diving options and the best range of classes and courses, from beginner introductory dives to Instructor training. We also have the Big Island's Best Dive Shop with the friendliest service on the Big Island of Hawaii. So the next time you plan a diving vacation give Jack's Diving Locker a call to help you plan your Hawaii diving vacation.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I've dived all over the world, but I must say that the experience we had with Jack's Diving locker was the best. The staff was incredibly knowledgeable, friendly, and professional, we saw species of fish and other aquatic life that was very unusual (they knew exactly where to go for different critters and asked us what we wanted to see!). I would recommend them without equivocation to anyone who wants a great diving experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed April 11, 2014

before i arrived in kona i did a little looking around to find a good dive shop with a good reputation because i wanted to finish my open water diver certification
after a short while happened on to jacks and i kept finding a lot of good things said about their dives and instructors
i called and booked my upgrade as well as the 2 tank night manta dive
they were more than happy to cater to my needs and the instructors are top notch and very patient with the students to teach the required skills to become certified divers

the night manta dive was absolutely fantastic i could not have wished for more the mantas came in numbers and put on a magical show for us and Keller Laros was top notch and had a great wealth of knowledge that he was more than happy to share with us on the way to the dive site
overall it couldn't have been better
i will be back to dive again with them without question

Jon Hewitt

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband sent my 2 sisters and mother on the dolphin snorkel trip. We had heard about it thru friends. My mother who is not a swimmer and very nervous around water even donned snorkel gear and with the undivided attention of our guide, Josh was able to get this 75 year old woman in the water and enjoy the dolphins. Our captain Bob kept a watchful eye on the pods and strategically placed us in the perfect spot for them swimming by. Once we were finished with the dolphins we were on our way to a reef and our captain spotted 4 hammerhead sharks. This only added to our already great day. Along with being courteous hosts, Josh and Bob never made us feel rushed. I would highly recommend this company. If this price is a bit higher than others, there's probably a reason. Thank you Jack's for a great day.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

just had the adventure of my entire trip! Went with Jacks Locker's great team (Thanks Jeremy and Alexia!) on a night trip to view Manta rays feeding and I don't know how else to describe it but awe inspiring and humbling and amazing! i really had no idea what these gentle giants were about but Jeremy gave us a first class instruction as we headed out to the site. So many facts I never knew but helped me to understand what we'd be seeing and see we did! In our column of light we saw no less than 7different mantas! This is my third time availing myself of Jack's services and I cannot recommend them highly enough. So if you want top notch service, knowledgeable staff and always a great experience then Jack's Diving Locker is the right choice! (Jeff, I'll be back again soon)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a great experience with Jack's Diving Locker. It had been a few years since our last dive so my wife and I took their refresher course to get up to speed. We had two great boats dives off of the Kona coast in 30-60 feet of water. The divemasters led small groups and pointed out highlights and undersea life. Jack's has a great staff. Friendly, knowledgable and very patient with kids and beginners. Highly recommended !!