“Experience of a lifetime”

Jack's Diving Locker
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone needs some adventure in their lives! Jack's Diving Locker in Kailua-Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii is the place to go for that adventure. Join our experienced staff on one of our premier dive boats for two-tank dives, Advanced 2 & 3 tank scuba dive trips, Dolphin and Whale watches, the Pelagic Magic Night Dive and the world famous Manta Ray Night Dive and Snorkel! As a PADI 5 Star IDC Resort we have the Big Island's widest range of scuba diving options and the best range of classes and courses, from beginner introductory dives to Instructor training. We also have the Big Island's Best Dive Shop with the friendliest service on the Big Island of Hawaii. So the next time you plan a diving vacation give Jack's Diving Locker a call to help you plan your Hawaii diving vacation.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Topeka, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I just recently completed my open water dive training with Jack's Diving Locker and had one of the best and most memorable experiences of my life. The fact that it was in Hawaii might have added to this, but the staff and employees of Jack's are excellent. My instructors were Shannon and Alexis, who were professional, fun and highly experienced. The entire training went off without a hitch and I had a great group of people in my class. If you have any hesitancy or doubt about learning scuba then this is the place for you. Every encounter I had with the staff and various employees was positive and friendly. These people not only know what they are doing, but are friendly and fun to be with. Keep up the good work folks.

1 Thank TSB3649

• Korean first
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Instructors, Amazing Adventures”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Jack's Diving Locker sets the standard of excellence for PADI dive shops. I can say nothing about their instructors other than "Professional, Knowledgeable, and Experienced". Kellar was an impressive instructor for my AOWD course. Plus, was glad to see that he was from my hometown originally AND saved a dolphin on CNN, BBC and Fox. Great job Kellar.

Matt D'Avella's Pelagic Magic dive is a must. You haven't experienced Hawaii's ocean until you experience the pelagic dive. If you choose to dive while visiting Kona, you MUST use Jack's.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Jburk77
Timonium, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Bad experience”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Ok, so it has been a little over 2 years, so I hope they have changed. This was the first dive shop we checked out, so we just went with them. Their price was a lot higher than other's we found out later. But they didn't offer anything special. It was quite cold, but they didn't have any towels. A captain asked my husband, "ok, what's wrong with her?" while I felt a little sick and cold. No sympathy, no service, and we did the same night manta ray dive as every other boat there. I would not recommend this place to my friends or family.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank HannahJF
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professional and fun staff.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our 4 dives with Jack's crew of Paul, Mark, Laura, Cpt. Bob and Keller were excellent by every measure, but particularly with regard to the professionalism and love of the sport exhibited by these folks. The SCUBA swim with the dolphins was unforgettable and although we were washed out from doing the night dive with the Mantas the staff eagerly refunded the money which they probably didn't really need to do, but did so without anyone even asking. We had a great time learning from each of the Dive Masters and especially enjoyed hanging out with Keala (sp?) as we learned a little bit about almost everything. Jack's went out of their way to accomodate everyone's needs and desires and were endlessly patient, attentive and pleasant. I look forward to future dives with Jack's and recommend them to anyone looking for a rewarding and professional experience.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving with great staff!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wanted to share my experience from a great manta ray night dive! The divemasters matt, mark, and kelsey were exceptional and knowledgeable. I have been diving with JDL for 12 years and the quality of the staff and knowledge of the dive sites are always exceptional. I brought along my girlfriends son as a snorkeler so he could experience topside what I will experience below the waves. The captain (zach) guided us into garden eel cove and we dove the first of two dives. I will admit the first dive is nothing special just your basic reef creatutes but does allow you to prep your gear for the night dive and work through any issues. This was quite helpful since I added a farmer john to my shortie wet suit and was underweighted and was abke to correct before the night dive. After the first dive, we were topside eating a sandwich when we were treated to humpbacks finnning and showing flukes from the bow!!! This was a precursor to what we were in store for that night. The night dive begins with 8 other boats in the area that has numerous divers and snorkelers. The staff describe the situation in detail so uou know how to stay together and come back to the same boat. Each diver has a light stck that matches the divemaster and the boat also has light sticks suspended from the ladders. You go into the water at twilight eqiipped with a light and a lot of excitement of hoping to see these graceful giants. As we descend, we see the first manta approach us at 25 feet doing a flyby...you can feel this going to be one of those dives!!! We finally settle at at yhe rock circle that encompasses the lights that draw the plankton which in turn draws the manta rays. The manta's begin to dive to lights and do loop to loops over the lights and individual divers all the while opening their mouth to begin eating. The divers are ooohing and aweing with each pass of a manta. There are so many mantas ( I counted at least 7) that the action at times is hard to keep up with!!! While I was looking upwatds I noticed the snorkelers floating on a modified surfboard that houses lights for themnto see the action as well ( a device created jeff at JDL). The show ends after 45 minutes of time watching the mantas and then 15 minutes of lookingbfor other creatures that go bump in the night..... all I know is that when I arrive topside zach and the staff are waiting for you and helpful at getting you into the boat safely. I knew it was a success when I saw my girlfriends sons face.... he was mesmerized at what he just experienced!!!! Kudos to everyone that created a lifetime memory and a great diving experience!

1 Thank Frank F