“Professional and fun staff.”

Jack's Diving Locker
More attraction details
Owner description: Everyone needs some adventure in their lives! Jack's Diving Locker in Kailua-Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii is the place to go for that adventure. Join our experienced staff on one of our premier dive boats for two-tank dives, Advanced 2 & 3 tank scuba dive trips, Dolphin and Whale watches, the Pelagic Magic Night Dive and the world famous Manta Ray Night Dive and Snorkel! As a PADI 5 Star IDC Resort we have the Big Island's widest range of scuba diving options and the best range of classes and courses, from beginner introductory dives to Instructor training. We also have the Big Island's Best Dive Shop with the friendliest service on the Big Island of Hawaii. So the next time you plan a diving vacation give Jack's Diving Locker a call to help you plan your Hawaii diving vacation.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our 4 dives with Jack's crew of Paul, Mark, Laura, Cpt. Bob and Keller were excellent by every measure, but particularly with regard to the professionalism and love of the sport exhibited by these folks. The SCUBA swim with the dolphins was unforgettable and although we were washed out from doing the night dive with the Mantas the staff eagerly refunded the money which they probably didn't really need to do, but did so without anyone even asking. We had a great time learning from each of the Dive Masters and especially enjoyed hanging out with Keala (sp?) as we learned a little bit about almost everything. Jack's went out of their way to accomodate everyone's needs and desires and were endlessly patient, attentive and pleasant. I look forward to future dives with Jack's and recommend them to anyone looking for a rewarding and professional experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,482)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"tiger shark"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wanted to share my experience from a great manta ray night dive! The divemasters matt, mark, and kelsey were exceptional and knowledgeable. I have been diving with JDL for 12 years and the quality of the staff and knowledge of the dive sites are always exceptional. I brought along my girlfriends son as a snorkeler so he could experience topside what I will experience below the waves. The captain (zach) guided us into garden eel cove and we dove the first of two dives. I will admit the first dive is nothing special just your basic reef creatutes but does allow you to prep your gear for the night dive and work through any issues. This was quite helpful since I added a farmer john to my shortie wet suit and was underweighted and was abke to correct before the night dive. After the first dive, we were topside eating a sandwich when we were treated to humpbacks finnning and showing flukes from the bow!!! This was a precursor to what we were in store for that night. The night dive begins with 8 other boats in the area that has numerous divers and snorkelers. The staff describe the situation in detail so uou know how to stay together and come back to the same boat. Each diver has a light stck that matches the divemaster and the boat also has light sticks suspended from the ladders. You go into the water at twilight eqiipped with a light and a lot of excitement of hoping to see these graceful giants. As we descend, we see the first manta approach us at 25 feet doing a flyby...you can feel this going to be one of those dives!!! We finally settle at at yhe rock circle that encompasses the lights that draw the plankton which in turn draws the manta rays. The manta's begin to dive to lights and do loop to loops over the lights and individual divers all the while opening their mouth to begin eating. The divers are ooohing and aweing with each pass of a manta. There are so many mantas ( I counted at least 7) that the action at times is hard to keep up with!!! While I was looking upwatds I noticed the snorkelers floating on a modified surfboard that houses lights for themnto see the action as well ( a device created jeff at JDL). The show ends after 45 minutes of time watching the mantas and then 15 minutes of lookingbfor other creatures that go bump in the night..... all I know is that when I arrive topside zach and the staff are waiting for you and helpful at getting you into the boat safely. I knew it was a success when I saw my girlfriends sons face.... he was mesmerized at what he just experienced!!!! Kudos to everyone that created a lifetime memory and a great diving experience!

1  Thank Frank F
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been on many dolphin and whale watching expeditions. Most try hard to give a good experience. Jack's diving locker not only gives a good experience, has excellent staff but is also truly enviornmental. You get a top notch experience with out harrassing marine mammals or breaking laws. Jack's is extremely knowledgable and they are able to share this with you. This is the only time that I have seen manta rays in the water. They knew the location to take us. Jack's does snorkelling and diving adventures. Their boat provides a light lunch and has drinks readily available.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I just returned from two weeks in Hawaii. We visited both Maui and the Big island. On Maui we dove with Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures and as usual we had a great time both below and above the surface. Ed's crew does a great job of taking care of his clients.

On the Big Island we did our diving with Jack's Diving Locker. The diving was terrific. We had to be one of the luckiest groups ever because our night dive with Great Mantas was a private showing. Jack's boat was the only boat at the dive site and we were given a private show of at least a dozen and probably closer to two dozen of some the most beatiful creatures "flying" in the ocean. A surreal moment. We dove several times with Jack's crew and they did a wonderful job. Everyone we came into contact with were extremely helpful and considerate. I would point out one individual in particular, Peter M, he was our guide on many of our dives. His enthusiasm regarding diving is always present in his demeanor as well as his sincere interest in you having a great experience. We did! and thank you.