“Surf giant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ocean Eco Tours
Ranked #68 of 198 Tours in Kailua-Kona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ocean Eco Tours is your "In, On, or Under the Water" specialist!! Join us for: Wild Dolphin Snorkel/Swim Manta Ray Night Snorkel Whale Watching(seasonal) Scuba - Intro Dives, Scuba Certification, Gear Rental Surf Lesson - Beginner to Advanced
Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surf giant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

WOW! What an amazing experience. I had the most fun I've had since learning how to dive. Charles is a excellent coach. He turned a 6'3'',230 lbs giant into a surfing giant. With patients and phenomenal coaching I was able to stand and ride the waves. Not only was surfing taught, but surf edicate was introduced, which was unexpected and very helpful for when I surf on my own.
By far the best coach and best surf school in the area. Zero ego and tons of encouragement. If you want the best instruction of how to ride and find the wave this is the spot. This was mad,wicked awesomeness. And yes, my surf smile is the size of the board, both of which are 11 ft.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Surfgiant2013

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great surfing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had the pleasure of having a private surfing lesson with Charles from Ocean Eco Tours and couldn't have been happier with the experience. They said they were one of two companies that were allowed to go surf in the nearby park and so it shouldn't be too crowded. Turned out we were literally the only ones out on the water. The instruction was excellent and made it as easy as possible to get up and surf which was incredibly fun when you did. Surfing was definitely one of the trip highlights and I highly recommend it.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Peter D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“CPT Rob saves an epic surf day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We were set for a great day of surf lessons out from Honokohau Harbor. Due to the federal government shut down, we were not able to access the best break for the day by land. So CPT Rob anchored us off the coast of the national park. A Park Ranger (who was supposed to be furloughed) tried to tell us we could not surf "in their waters".... After some discussion and a few phone calls, CPT Rob was able to get us approved for access to surf the break that they already have a permit for!!

We then surfed with Charles and Mike for 3 more hours in some small bit perfect rollers for an epic day on the water.

Thanks to Rob and his crew... A little government shut down did not ruin our chance to surf the Big Island in Hawaii!

3 Thank Jen M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent instructors, phenomenal experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was part of a group of 5 who took surfing lessons. 4 adults and 1 kid. None of us had experience and we all got up many times. It was well run with excellent instructors who made surfing easy and very fun. We had one of the best days of our vacation. I would highly recommend ocean eco tours.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ornellaafamily
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day on a boat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I've been diving with Ocean Eco and on a 1/2 day boat and snorkel trip. These guys are good and they are very considerate of the passengers they take onboard! Our group had two 3 year olds, and the captain and crew really interacted with them and made sure they were safe. We snorkeled for a while, and went to see dolphins! I would totally recommend them to anyone!

Visited July 2013