“Great dive on the big island”
Review of Kona Honu Divers

Kona Honu Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kona Honu Divers is locally owned and operated. From the moment you step into the shop or prepare to board our boat, you become part of our "ohana" or family. Our boat is safe and comfortable. Our dives are guided by knowledgeable instructors who brief you on what to expect to see before you enter the water. Encounters with dolphin, turtles, and manta rays are common in the placid Kona waters.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Portola Valley, California
“Great dive on the big island”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you want to meet a great crew and have a wonderful dive experience for all levels try these guys out. We loved it. Very organized- great boat and dive equipment

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kona Honu Divers, I love you!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Frankie, John, J.C., Tom are the greatest guys! This is luxury diving at its best! They know the dive spots and they treat everyone like family. On our way out of the harbor, we stopped to watch two adults and one baby humpback play. Then between dives, a whale shark showed up, so everyone headed into the water to snorkel with the whale shark! So awesome! And this crew enjoyed the fun right along with us. Best day of diving ever!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Onhindsfeet
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The positive - very nice boat that handled the water well. I also felt like their gear was well maintained.
The negative begins with them demanding you go to their small and hidden dive shop that is close to neither the boat nor any resorts. The purpose is purely to try to get you to spend even more with them on t-shirts. All you do at the shop is sign wavers, run your credit card and look at dive cards. All of which can be done at the boat which is another 10 mins away. The second big negative was the lack of friendliness of the staff. It started with the shop manager and then continued on the boat with their captain.
All in all, an extremely disappointing experience. My husband and I have done a lot of diving in world wide and this was the worst company we have experienced.
It fundamentally comes down to their lack of being customer service focused.

3 Thank Mary A
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was my first night dive and my first dive on a large boat. This was also Virginia's first night dive. My previous experiences have all been on six packs (which I prefer) or shore dives. But these folks were so well organized that everything seemed seamless. Virginia also commented that this was the best organized large boat she'd ever been on. There're we're twelve divers and another dozen or so snorkelers on-board. Our group of five divers had two newer divers including me. Our dive master Taiki knew where we were at all times, made sure we were safe and having a great experience. The night dive was even more amazing than I had anticipated. It wasn't just the mantas it was the entire experience, Taiki gave us a very useful briefing before going into the water, guided us to a very good viewing site and made sure we could see. He checked on those of us with less experience frequently and kindly suggested when we needed to go with plenty of time for a safety stop. I can't say enough about the water ballet we saw between the gliding and flying mantas and the swirling Hawaiian Flagtails the entire dive was magical. What made it even better was the fact that we had done our afternoon dive at the same site and saw a total transformation after dark.

Visited December 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Awesome Dives!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The dives were awesome and the crew was fantastic! I loved the night dive with the Mantas! We saw 38 of them! GREAT!

Visited November 2013