“Great Adventure Dive Experience”
Review of Kona Honu Divers

Kona Honu Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Kona Honu Divers is locally owned and operated. From the moment you step into the shop or prepare to board our boat, you become part of our "ohana" or family. Our boat is safe and comfortable. Our dives are guided by knowledgeable instructors who brief you on what to expect to see before you enter the water. Encounters with dolphin, turtles, and manta rays are common in the placid Kona waters.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Terri was great with me on my adventure dive, very patient with me and encouraged me but did not push. Thanks again for a fun experience.

1  Thank Gmiller_13

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Thanks to Kona Honu Divers for a great time this past week. They treated my family very well and helped provide us with some fantastic memories. We did the Manta dive/snorkel and they were very accommodating of my Mothers recent ankle injury. Terri did a great job with my Dad's intro to scuba course and dive, and I had a blast on two day dives and the Manta dive. Their boat and rental gear is all top notch, the nicest of any Hawaii dive operator I've used. A heated freshwater shower on the boat?! Unspeakable luxury! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend KHD to anybody looking to dive in Hawaii, and I'll be diving with them again.

1  Thank BenMaiea
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We did the Discover SCUBA dive with Kona Honu Divers. It was our first trip to Hawaii and the first time diving for both of us!

The instructors were friendly, funny, and incredibly patient! I was feeling anxious about diving, but Terri helped me to feel comfortable under water. I'm so glad she helped me make it down because the bottom of the ocean was incredible and beautiful! While we were under water, she pointed out lots of colourful fish and creatures. We were lucky enough to see 20-30 dolphins on our way to the dive site. They swam right up close to our boat!!

Also, there was basic diving information given before going down. I felt very safe because of the instructors.

When we go on our next vacation in Hawaii, we will dive with Kona Honu again for sure!

1  Thank lisapeesa
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Thanks to Kona Honu Divers and especially Nico for the attention and professionalism we received last week. We decided to become certified on our trip and were assigned young Nico as our instructor. Nico's patience and "chill" made the learning experience enjoyable. He did so well that within hours of being certified we went on the awesome night Manta dive. Our Scuba experience was the highlight of our trip thanks to Kona Honu Divers and Nico!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I hadn't been diving in some time and Terri was great helping me feel comfortable getting back in the water. Saw some beautiful and unusual fish, the highlight was a white tip reef shark. Thank you.

1  Thank John H